Oil filters for a Barrus Shire (70)

Lanners

Featured Posts

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a cheap website or place near Bristol/Bath where I can get a set of oil filters (and oil) for our Barrus 70?

The only ones I can find are on Ebay and I dont think they are the correct type.

Thanks

Have you tried filtermania.co.uk or inlinefilters.co.uk for the filters.

You will need to have the base engine part numbers.

As for the oil you pays your money and takes your choice. People I know use Halfords, Wilkinsons etc., but these oils can be the wrong

API.

If you want the proper oil (CC/CD?) you may have to buy from a chandlery. About £24 for 5 litres.

I hope this helps

Hi,

You need to know the base engine ie the Yanmar filter for

4JH series as used in some Barus Shire 70 engines is 80 x 80L part number 129150-35153 or inline filters FIN-FL70240

Once you know the engine family you will find it used in tractors, JCB's, gen sets etc

and you can then get all you need from a local plant hire/sales company

Ray

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a cheap website or place near Bristol/Bath where I can get a set of oil filters (and oil) for our Barrus 70?

The only ones I can find are on Ebay and I dont think they are the correct type.

Thanks

The Barrus Shire 70 is based on the Yanmar 4TNV engine. The Yanmar oil filter no. is 129150-35153 which is the same as used on the Shire 40/45.

I use the Wix Equivalent WL 7107 which I get on Ebay for £5.25 inc p&p

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/PREMIER-FACTORS/WIX-OIL-FITERS-/_i.html?_nkw=wix+wl7107&submit=Search&LH_TitleDesc=1&_fsub=3019303014&_sid=103538784

Hi,

Thanks

What about these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BARRUS-SHIRE-FILTER-KIT-2200cc-YANMAR-/191039953847?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item2c7ade5bb7

Engine filter are generic, Barrus probably buy these and re-box them.

Barrus or Yanmar don't make filters or oil.

If you know the generic number they will be even cheaper at Partco

Alex

Edited by steelaway