Another eviction

sueb

Featured Posts

There is case law relating to this, and you're incorrect. A company can't change contractual terms in mid-contract, as BWML is doing in the way it's applying the widebeam surcharge. It can't offer a contract when it is, a priori, unable or unwilling to uphold its own contractual obligations. But as individuals or as a small community, we cannot afford the legal costs to test this particular issue in court.

I can't see any evidence that they have changed terms mid contract.

Whilst I can well believe that you would LIKE the situation to be that having moved in, your contract is set in stone, and people renewing are entitled to do so on their current terms, that isn't the case here.

Contracts are for a particular term, and BWML can't vary during the term. At the end of that term, they can offer a new contract on such terms as they see fit.

Just because BWML say so doesn't mean it's enforceable in law - that's the theme of the case law I mentioned.

When was the change in pricing introduced?

You seem to be skirting this question. It wasn't mid contract was it? It was at then end of your 12 month contract wasn't it?

Just because BWML say so doesn't mean it's enforceable in law - that's the theme of the case law I mentioned.

If that is what you believe fight for it.

Although you are destined to lose, again!

Re changing things mid contract, phone companies are allowed to do that. The new guidance for mobile phone contracts say they can as long as the contract originally said they can. Before this got mentioned (just recently) A year befor 1/2 way through my contract my mobile phone put up my bill by 40p & apparently I have to just suck it up. Contract ends in May & I'm leaving them

I know previously with BT landline I tried to leave because the contract was up, but it turns out they had put me on a new rolling contract (less than a month after the old contract finished) & I was expected to do the full term of that new contract. They also jacked up a price at the time (I cant remember what)
Well I used it as a get out clause because at the time, although they could change the price, it had to be a reasonable change. The change in price amounted to pennies, but in fact worked out at over 1000% which at a time when inflation was under 5% was IMO unreasonable & I dared them to argue the toss in court, at which point they capitulated

• Greenie 1

There is case law relating to this, and you're incorrect. A company can't change contractual terms in mid-contract, as BWML is doing in the way it's applying the widebeam surcharge. It can't offer a contract when it is, a priori, unable or unwilling to uphold its own contractual obligations. But as individuals or as a small community, we cannot afford the legal costs to test this particular issue in court.

Please state this Case Law.

And can you please provide a full copy of the Terms & Conditions for your moorings. You might be surprised what they contain!

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/02/charity-evicts-vulnerable-pensioners-2901346.html

Whether BWML are right or wrong, there are ways and ways of doing business.

I have yet to see any evidence that BW / CRT have done anything wrong or underhand.

I've, not saying they haven't, just that I have yet to see any evidence.

I'm happy to look at anything not actually written by the complainants that supports their case, though.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/02/charity-evicts-vulnerable-pensioners-2901346.html

Whether BWML are right or wrong, there are ways and ways of doing business.

Why are you taking this one sided piece as an indictment of the way BWML do business? You have no idea whether they have acted reasonably or not.

Why are you taking this one sided piece as an indictment of the way BWML do business? You have no idea whether they have acted reasonably or not.

"Whether BWML are right or wrong"

Why are you having difficulty with the above statement?

Do I say that they are right?

Do I say that they are wrong?

Stop looking for an argument ...for the sake of an argument!

So the Ts and Cs clearly state that BWML can terminate for any reason they like, with 28 days notice. People get chucked off marinas all the time for being a PITA and this case is no different. This whole attempt to stir up the masses is just BS.

To me, your post certainly read as a criticism of the way BWML do business. If I misunderstood then I apologise, but could you explain what the point of your comment about ways to do business was?

But you have not quoted the other bit......

there are ways and ways of doing business

I think most people would interpret your overall comment as "even if CRT are not in the wrong, they are still not doing things in a businesslike way."

Or that is how I read it.

If that's not what you were trying to say, what were you trying to say, please?

But you have not quoted the other bit......

I think most people would interpret your overall comment as "even if CRT are not in the wrong, they are still not doing things in a businesslike way."

Or that is how I read it.

If that's not what you were trying to say, what were you trying to say, please?

That's how it came across to me also Alan.

Roger

So the Ts and Cs clearly state that BWML can terminate for any reason they like, with 28 days notice. People get chucked off marinas all the time for being a PITA and this case is no different. This whole attempt to stir up the masses is just BS.

To me, your post certainly read as a criticism of the way BWML do business. If I misunderstood then I apologise, but could you explain what the point of your comment about ways to do business was?

The point about ways to do business applies to both parties, whoever is wrong or right.

Just for clarification, the link was posted in response to someone's request for more information, I think it was alan mellow.png

Two cases have been mentioned on this thread although the main subject is the situation in Poplar. I'm inclined to think BML are behaving badly and I'm glad I'm not a customer of theirs.

The whole situation around housing costs and availability in London is a a national disgrace, the system is broken and I'm not sure how it can be fixed but it is shockingly unfair and loaded against those on low or fixed incomes.

You can rant and rave about how life has never been fair but my answer to that is should we not be making progress and trying to improve things instead of settling for same old same old.

• Greenie 1

The point about ways to do business applies to both parties, whoever is wrong or right.

Just for clarification, the link was posted in response to someone's request for more information, I think it was alan mellow.png

The link didn't give any more information. It was just a bull shite piece of one sided nonsense

Two cases have been mentioned on this thread although the main subject is the situation in Poplar. I'm inclined to think BML are behaving badly and I'm glad I'm not a customer of theirs.

The whole situation around housing costs and availability in London is a a national disgrace, the system is broken and I'm not sure how it can be fixed but it is shockingly unfair and loaded against those on low or fixed incomes.

You can rant and rave about how life has never been fair but my answer to that is should we not be making progress and trying to improve things instead of settling for same old same old.

And how would you do that?

I'm inclined to think BWML aren't behaving badly, but I have no more evidence to support that position than you do with the opposite position!

Regarding your valid point about housing costs in London, yes it is certainly problematic but London is fairly typical of many other capital cities. Whilst humans all want to congregate and work in one place I can't see how it won't always be thus. Perhaps we need increased incentives to move businesses out of London, with the workforce of course following?

Oh and of course preventing foreign investors from buying up property in London as an investment and then just leaving it empty. THAT would be a really good start!