Another eviction

sueb

Featured Posts

Thank you Phylis I knew you'd be along with a rebuttal soon.

I did re read your post. You miss quoted ctb leaving out the qualification in his statement which was "to the tune of rentable properties in the locality" and therefore eluded to a similarity between property ground rent and marina mooring fees. You even included a banging you head on a brick wall smiley, as if to say, how could ctb be so stupid. There is no such valid similarity, ctb is quite right and I think you know that.

I accused you of "asserting" that which was possibly a bit strong, your word "aluded" is more accurate so thanks for the correction

Make up whatever you like in your head.

What I said is there for everyone else to see.rolleyes.gif

Germany? The Netherlands? Possibly France?

Off the top of my head.

I was asking madcat, but maybe she will agree with you.

Maybe Gary could consider moving to one of these countries where he should find the regulation of boaters more to his taste!

I did say OFTEN peppercorn, nevertheless your not inconsiderable £500 is still worlds away from the many thousands demanded from the subject of this thread, so therefore not a valid comparison as Phylis was asserting.

Jeez! what makes people so entrenched and combative on these type of forums?

Oddly enough, the most combatitive person in this discussion is you.

You say something, and somebody argues against it, and you accuse them of being combatitive.

What is it when somebody else says something and you contradict them?

Oddly enough, the most combatitive person in this discussion is you.

You say something, and somebody argues against it, and you accuse them of being combatitive.

What is it when somebody else says something and you contradict them?

Slow day at work I guess

gary955, on 06 Mar 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

...shouldn't you be asking yourself that question?

You have a boat - the boat is (presumably) "the house you want" so why limit yourself to living in a certain 'street', boats move, so take it where you want, or where you can afford.

Move to one of the other 'streets' that do appeal and meet your needs financially- maybe York ?

Having a widebeam limits your choices.

Having no address limits your choices.

Picking a place to live at the start was easy.

Being priced out of the market was not my fault. Yet things happen and life goes on.

Many things happen for a reason, it will become obvious to me eventually.

Having a widebeam limits your choices.

Having no address limits your choices.

Picking a place to live at the start was easy.

Being priced out of the market was not my fault. Yet things happen and life goes on.

Many things happen for a reason, it will become obvious to me eventually.

Why does having a widebeam limit your choices on a waterway designed for widebeams?

I did say OFTEN peppercorn, nevertheless your not inconsiderable £500 is still worlds away from the many thousands demanded from the subject of this thread, so therefore not a valid comparison as Phylis was asserting.

You made the original comment about "peppercorn rent", and I did not consider £10 a week ground rent on a property I owned under the strange Bristol system of "Freehold and Free" to be particularly cheap.

It was not "entrenched or combative" in any way, whereas your reply above is most certainly that!

NC - maybe its another case of I made the wrong choice, I wanted a widebeam but now I cannot move it and its too expensive to moor.

You make a choice and you live with it - or change it.

And how is any if that the marina operators problem?

You made the original comment about "peppercorn rent", and I did not consider £10 a week ground rent on a property I owned under the strange Bristol system of "Freehold and Free" to be particularly cheap.

It was not "entrenched or combative" in any way, whereas your reply above is most certainly that!

you're quite right. I shall be a model forumite in future

There are five other marinas accepting widebeams on the same stretch of water!

Ripon Boat Club

Borough bridge

Linton Lock

Bishop Thorpe

Naburn

I don't see the problem!

Problem is that they are full or require an address.