Another eviction

sueb

Featured Posts

East London is currently a major growth area in terms of property prices and rent. This is bound to inform a business' decision when it comes to rent for residential moorings. It is a dwelling place which is subject to increases dueto market forces. Surely ?

They (CRT) really aren't doing very well in the PR stakes at the moment are they?/

Like all these things, I would like to see both sides of the story.

Very few of the "CRT are bastards" accusations seem to be wholly one-sided, once you start digging, and, although I know nothing of this one, it is often the case when you hear the alternate view that things are nothing like as sensational as they have been made to sound.

• Greenie 3

Like all these things, I would like to see both sides of the story.

Very few of the "CRT are bastards" accusations seem to be wholly one-sided, once you start digging, and, although I know nothing of this one, it is often the case when you hear the alternate view that things are nothing like as sensational as they have been made to sound.

Nothing to stop them responding on here is there

I thought the same but after reading the eviction letter BWML sent him http://wylam.boatersrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/0984_001termination-letter.pdf I did wonder.

It reads fine to me.

They were given due consideration, and had whatever problem they had investigated and looked at by the ombudsman.

I don't understand the problem.

Actually I will venture a bit more and use the word 'vexatious' some on here don't like the word but it aptly describes people who embark on a campaign of repeated and pointless complaints,just for the purpose of making a nuisance of themselves, I read the letter as being sent to such a person.

Edited by The Dog House

Pure speculation in this case, but, could this be the background ?

A lot of BWML moorers have been paying for grade 1 moorings (high usage) but have been using them for 'full residential'. A letter was sent out from BWML some time ago (last summer ?) regarding that any users of Grade 1 moorings that were found to be using them as residential must move up a grade to residential and, pay the correct tarrif for a residential mooring (considerably higher than a Grade 1 mooring).

Could this explain the 'vast increase' in mooring fees ?

Either that or the fact that the last 4 residentisl moorings to be auctioned by CRT in E14 went for £13k, £12k,£12k and £10k. This refers to 22mx4m residential online moorings.

Does an auction indicate market value??

Of course they have Millwall and Blackwsll docks a bit further out but I think they went over £10k but you can get a much bigger boat on them. Judging by the engine room pic I think its quite a big barge which is being moved out

Which means... £10k for a 22x4 wide bean translated to about £15k for a 30x5 luxemotor or whatever so the current £9450 fee in poplar dock is relatively good value

Nothing to stop anyone asking BWML for the other side of the story.

If, as it seems to say, whatever Mr Taylor's grievances are have been put to the Waterways Ombudsman and they have found against him, and the process then repeated in a County Court, and they have also found against him, it seems a bit odd to suggest that the issue is solely being caused by CRT.

For some balance, can anyone find anything on what the Ombudsman or the County Court said.

Presumably the problem is that Mr Taylor, having lost in both those places, is not prepared to accept the outcomes he got, or certainly that seems to be the implication from the limited information available. Is that a fair statement of the position that CRT are now reacting to?

If you can get a 30x5 barge on one of there moorings. Limehouse is 18x4 iirc not sure and they are C£9500 too

Sorry for the disjointed posts but £9500pa to moor a large (30x5) barge in E14 is good value

Actually I think poplar is 20m limit so its blackwall basin with the big peniches and they are CRT auctions not BWML sorry for all the waffle

^_^

Richard

Forgive me smart arse but I missed the bit where all avenues opposing hs2 have been exhausted.

Besides this is not comparting like with like..

Edited by The Dog House

Yes if CRT's eviction letter is to be believed, the guy is a serial complainer about nothing, and aggressive with it. No wonder BWML want rid of him and probably, if it had been a privately owned marina, he would have been long gone by now. Definitely vexatious. But of course, that is just their side of the story, but it's a side I am inclined to align with in the absence of hard evidence to the contrary.

• Greenie 1