Oxford Canal Banbury

Whitewater

Featured Posts

I had a wander up and down the canal north of Banbury today. Looks fine to me. The worst bit always seems to be Cropredy, but i've heard no reports of that being bad for a while. It's certainly not what i'd call 'high' in Banbury centre.

Wandering off topic - I spotted your boat in Sovereign today Athy, must try and say hello in person when we get back, we have the mooring on the furthest end from you, the one's that been mostly empty since last April!

I had a wander up and down the canal north of Banbury today. Looks fine to me. The worst bit always seems to be Cropredy, but i've heard no reports of that being bad for a while. It's certainly not what i'd call 'high' in Banbury centre.

Wandering off topic - I spotted your boat in Sovereign today Athy, must try and say hello in person when we get back, we have the mooring on the furthest end from you, the one's that been mostly empty since last April!

Nice to know it's still there, thanks! So you have just moved in too? We took the mooring on December 1st. I am surprised that a mooring at Sov Wharf remained empty for so long, you were lucky to get it. Look forward to meeting you next time we are over there which may be Easter of just before.

We've actually been there nearly 7 years, but have been away having a lengthening/bottom plate/paint/engine rebuild/insert any job that could be done here....

Our mooring has been empty since last April, yes that is unusual, moorings never stay empty long at Sovereign.

We should be back early March, so pop down and say hello when you're next at the boat.

We've actually been there nearly 7 years, but have been away having a lengthening/bottom plate/paint/engine rebuild/insert any job that could be done here....

Our mooring has been empty since last April, yes that is unusual, moorings never stay empty long at Sovereign.

We should be back early March, so pop down and say hello when you're next at the boat.

Do you have a cracked strawberry planter by your mooring? We spent four days moored there last September but we didn't break the pot.

Very nice mooring run by extremely pleasant people. We were sad to leave.

In 2012 we moored at Sov Wharf for Banbury Canal Weekend. When we asked about doing the same last year, we were told that there were no vacancies as all the absent moorers had returned. Strange. Still, there should be no problem this year!

Do you have a cracked strawberry planter by your mooring? We spent four days moored there last September but we didn't break the pot.

Very nice mooring run by extremely pleasant people. We were sad to leave.

Filled up there after Fairport last year and was given a cucumber by the attendant!