Another begging email from CaRT

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Despite unsubscribing from receiving CaRT emails, I have had another one, this time from a Damian Kemp, who describes himself as Boating Communications Manager.

I am now being asked to donate towa\ds the cost of damage caused by the recent heavy rain and high winds. What will they dream up next?

Despite unsubscribing from receiving CaRT emails, I have had another one, this time from a Damian Kemp, who describes himself as Boating Communications Manager.

I am now being asked to donate towa\ds the cost of damage caused by the recent heavy rain and high winds. What will they dream up next?

What are you on about David, do you somehow imagine the Trust have some sort of bottomless pit?

Do you actually understand what happened when BW became CRT?

Same happened to me. What a cheek!

I have my own preferred charities that I donate to.

I do not donate to charities that pressure people into donating

What pressure, just press delete if you don't wish to donate..

I have my own preferred charities that I donate to.

I do not donate to charities that pressure people into donating

Must be different email to me as mine was informing me of the fundraising and yours was pressuring you.

What pressure, just press delete if you don't wish to donate..

You don't even need to do that the email mentions an appeal and then you have to click on a link to see what it is all about hardly pressure considering clicking on the link is optional and a long way from begging.

Like I said, I unsubscribed just like David but still received e-mails asking for donations

If I unsubscribe then, they should leave me alone

What did you unsubscribe to? As this email was boaters update not from fundraising as in Mr Charles I take it you are not a boater who wants to know about closures etc.

Like I said, I unsubscribed just like David but still received e-mails asking for donations

If I unsubscribe then, they should leave me alone

How hard can it be just to delete the email??

I do think sometimes people just want to create a problem where non exists..

What did you unsubscribe to? As this email was boaters update not from fundraising as in Mr Charles I take it you are not a boater who wants to know about closures etc.

Being on the Lancaster Canal and not moving much lately I don't really need reminders of closures via e-mail at the moment.

Something very odd has happened. Originally when I opoened the email nothing came up and when I clicked to downloiad pictures i got the begging email, that no longer happens, I just get the basic email with pictures. The email i am now getting is completely different to the one I originally read which referred to a 100 trees falling over the Canal, flooding in the Rickmansworth, Watford, Ayelsbury areas, many bridges damaged, and sections of the towpath on the Southern Oxford being washed away. and being asked to make a donatiom towards the cost of the repairs. There was more but that is all I can recall.

Being on the Lancaster Canal and not moving much lately I don't really need reminders of closures via e-mail at the moment.

Which puts you in the same category as thousands of boaters across the UK...

I don't get your point.

How hard can it be just to delete the email??

I do think sometimes people just want to create a problem where non exists..

That's true, as you say, just delete the e-mail but, when you unsubscribe from a website that should be the end of it.

I think then it is called unsolicited mail or spam

That's true, as you say, just delete the e-mail but, when you unsubscribe from a website that should be the end of it.

I think then it is called unsolicited mail or spam

I am familiar with what it is referred to.

If it bothers you that much just send it to your junk/spam folder, that will sort it.

I have just found it "National Canal Flood appeal" which is accessed via a link, except that it opened up automaticly without the Boaters update when i first received the email.

I am still not sure that it is apopropriate for CaRT to coninuously ask me as a boater to make donations toward maintenace, repairs etc, this is the third one I have received this week.

And yes I know they are a Charity, i also belong to the National Trust, and am on thier emailing list, but they do not continuously ask me for more money than i am alrady paying them,.

Something very odd has happened. Originally when I opoened the email nothing came up and when I clicked to downloiad pictures i got the begging email, that no longer happens, I just get the basic email with pictures. The email i am now getting is completely different to the one I originally read which referred to a 100 trees falling over the Canal, flooding in the Rickmansworth, Watford, Ayelsbury areas, many bridges damaged, and sections of the towpath on the Southern Oxford being washed away. and being asked to make a donatiom towards the cost of the repairs. There was more but that is all I can recall.

Hey Guys,

What's going on here because the same thing has happened. to me just like David's post above... and I'm unsubscribed like him!

Edited by Androo

The national trust who do not charge me Vat for being a member are a successful business that has been going for a long time and they do ask for donations .

Now the CRT are a new charity that has to find its feet and repair years of BW mis-management and lack of investment if they fail then we will have no canals and navigable rivers.

The national trust who do not charge me Vat for being a member are a successful business that has been going for a long time and they do ask for donations .

Now the CRT are a new charity that has to find its feet and repair years of BW mis-management and lack of investment if they fail then we will have no canals and navigable rivers.

What repeatedly? The only donation I can recall them asking for was contributions to enable them to purchase Tintsfield near Bristol, Not to repair damaged footpaths or to clear fallen trees.

Edited by David Schweizer

What repeatedly? The only donation I can recall them asking for was contributions to enable them to purchase Tintsfield near Bristol, Not to repair damaged footpaths or to clear fallen trees.

You missed the T&M breach donation emails then?

I guess it depends on your generosity as a regular donator to The NT I receive a lot of emals and letters asking for money. My quartetly magazine always mentions the latest fundraising appeal

An opportunity to make a donation towards canal maintenance rather than subsidising cyclists and voles, I'm tempted.

CaRT are really working very hard here to keep the water flowing down the canal and not over the sides of it. If it goes wrong then its not their fault and a bit of help towards the repairs might not go amiss.

.........Dave