dead animals in locks

harve90

Featured Posts

I think worst scenario I saw was on a nice summers day people in a garden alongside the canal putting food out and starting a BBQ ,

boated past and about 20 yards past was a well bloated dead sheep slowly floating in their direction .

I think worst scenario I saw was on a nice summers day people in a garden alongside the canal putting food out and starting a BBQ ,

boated past and about 20 yards past was a well bloated dead sheep slowly floating in their direction .

Lamb chops, anyone?

Woburn Safari Park is only a few miles from the canal, along this route...

...Could they have been Giraffes?

I lived in a caravan in a shed in the safari park once, we were building the tourist train track. There are loads of Munt-jack and even wallaby in the surrounding woods.

Hugely bloated fairly large calf last year here. It reeked to high heaven, and me and the boat next to me kept punting it away with boat poles, but it kept floating back next to us. In the end the poking of the grossly distended, gas-filled mass had the obvious result... That was nice.

Had a large Staffie type dog stuck in one of the gate sluices on the Gargrave flight last October...bit tragic really, as the friend of the owner who was walking it was still there as it was swallowed down and trapped after jumping or falling in...there was absolutely nothing he could do...

...despite draining the lock, it wasn't recovered and removed until the next morning. After seeing just how stuck it was, I don't like to think about how they finally managed to get it out...I didn't stay around to watch...

Janet

Seen the usual dead fox, rabbit, deer and odd sheep, but the worst was seeing a dead Alsation puppy at St. Pancras a couple of years back. Worse was I reckon it has only been in the water less than an hour and we had been held up about that amount of time earlier in the day. Told the OH to stay inside the boat for a bit.