scam?

paneuro

Featured Posts

That reminds me of one of my sons who ensured the schools computer system could not be used as a learning aid as he would load up pin balls to continually play on every school computer. Sometimes he'd send messages to block every screen. They took away his password, he hacked someone else's.

Don't knock Ebay too much - in our new(old) narrowboat are fire/stove tongs and a poker and dust shovel from Ebay (well pleased with them), a 12v mini-fridge from Ebay (brilliant), spanners and screwdrivers from Ebay (great!) and a Miele vacuum cleaner from Ebay - Bye Bye spiders and your webs, haha!

Also got Creuset whistling kettles (2 at 15 Pounds each) from Ebay sellers.

Now looking for a pine double bed frame in Banbury - unfortunately Ebay doesn't seem to let you zoom in on locations - we just need the frame and we have to cut it from the standard 4'6" to 4'00".

If you live in or near Banbury and have such, let us know! Also looking for 2 bedside cabinets...

I was not knocking eBay .. see the bit that says "if you don't go to see it first?) the people who that was aimed at are those who would buy something like a boat, car. motorcycle or caravan without having seen it first.

I used to make my living on eBay - it's great!

I was not knocking eBay .. see the bit that says "if you don't go to see it first?) the people who that was aimed at are those who would buy something like a boat, car. motorcycle or caravan without having seen it first.

I used to make my living on eBay - it's great!

It was great. For both selling, and finding cheap and weird stuff to buy. Today, it's just an online shop, and increasingly tedious to search for stuff, with page after page of identical adverts for similar objects. And expensive too

It really depends what you are looking for and how you use the search functions.

There are a number of things I am interested in that they email me when new items are listed. Careful use of the filters means I can usually filter out anything that is not of interest meaning I do not get bombarded with stuff.

Ebay will always show you "most relevent" items for your search. most relevant to whom??? I always change that straight away to cheapest including postage or perhaps the closest item depending what the size or it and whether it will cost a fortune to post.

Yes you need to take steps to sort the wheat from the chaff, set search parameters etc and also maybe do as I do and cross reference on Amazon. I have found the same item from the same seller on Amazon for a better price, just my thoughts.

Phil

Just joined to to say:

Seems the scam continues

http://loot.com/leisure-and-lifestyle/boats-and-watersports/rm8-2db/1994-sailing-yacht-beneteau-oceanis-351-3620943ad/%28f%29/search

in reply to contacting adverticer

Isabella Lucy Sinclair <isabellal.sinclair@gmail.com>
Hi,
This boat its just perfect, Immaculate condition, no damages, once with the boat you will also get all the equipment my husband had. All necessary documents available. My current location is Ellon in Scotland, i`m 56 years old, my husband died 2 months ago. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will list it on eBay for £7,900 delivered at my costs.
I decided to list it on eBay with a buy it now option and whoever wins it will be the next owner. I assume you already have an account with eBay. If not please register and let me know when you are ready so I can just email you the link.
If you'd like to secure the deal before anybody else does, then please buy it on eBay. Feel free to ask me any questions.
The deal will go strictly according to eBay Money Back Guarantee Protection Buyer rules and policy.
Thank you

Just joined to to say:

Seems the scam continues

http://loot.com/leisure-and-lifestyle/boats-and-watersports/rm8-2db/1994-sailing-yacht-beneteau-oceanis-351-3620943ad/%28f%29/search

in reply to contacting adverticer

Isabella Lucy Sinclair <isabellal.sinclair@gmail.com>
Hi,
This boat its just perfect, Immaculate condition, no damages, once with the boat you will also get all the equipment my husband had. All necessary documents available. My current location is Ellon in Scotland, i`m 56 years old, my husband died 2 months ago. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will list it on eBay for £7,900 delivered at my costs.
I decided to list it on eBay with a buy it now option and whoever wins it will be the next owner. I assume you already have an account with eBay. If not please register and let me know when you are ready so I can just email you the link.
If you'd like to secure the deal before anybody else does, then please buy it on eBay. Feel free to ask me any questions.
The deal will go strictly according to eBay Money Back Guarantee Protection Buyer rules and policy.
Thank you

they will send the red dinghy without the outboard.

sorry, miss-selling - they will not send anything - you have been conned.

Yeah

The price was funny, ading a zero to it would have made it 2 expencive so figured first they did a typo and left a leading digit of the price but figured I would ask.

Ohhh well, so much for a winter on a 35' yacht in the med.

Good thing you have this thread up, comes up as page one on google with the "email and ebay" in the seach box.

Edited by Canopy

LOL. Now the boat is in a warehouse in Scotland when it was in Italy 2 days ago, posting this just someone else might find it on google page one if they get susspisious.

Isabella Lucy Sinclair

isabellal.sinclair@gmail.com

to me

Hello,

The best way to complete this transaction, because of the distance problem (I'm in Ellon, the boat is already in eBay custody, into their warehouse here in Scotland), is to use eBay Money Back Guarantee. They will handle everything for both of us, including transportation and transfer of the boat papers to your name. You don't have to pay anything extra, the total price that you must pay for this boat is £7,900.

Here is how the transaction will go on:

-I will make a private eBay listing for you.

-You will have to click "buy it now", fill in the forms and follow the instructions.

-eBay will send you an invoice with all the transaction details and the payment instructions.

-You will have to secure the funds to eBay.

-After the funds will be secured to eBay, the delivery will begin and the boat will arrive to you in max. 48 hours.

-When the boat will be in your custody, you will have a 3 days inspection period. If everything is alright, the transaction ends and eBay will release the money to me. If there is something wrong with the boat, you will be fully refunded and I'll get my boat back too, without any extra fees.

Everything is covered by eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received it. I would need your ebay username so I can send you the link. I'm waiting for your reply.

Thank you.