scam?

paneuro

Featured Posts

I've been having look, also intrigue re these exact price.

Is it that these listings are being made up in eastern European countries,

and the exchange rate of their partiqalar currency, leaves a a GRP which works out not quite right?

Col

Almost certainly it originates in Nigeria. The grammar is identical to 419 scam language.

BRING BACK FUZZYDUCK!!!! Chairman of the RosieandJim Extermination Foundation.

I did receive this tonight.....

Dear Valued Customer ,
Due to concerns for the safety and integrity of the online banking communi
ty we have issued the following warning message :
Your account will be suspended within the next 24 hours due to several uns
uccessful login attempts on it.
To prevent this to happen please login securely to our activation link by
clicking here today.
If you have already confirmed your information then please disregard this
message.
Thank you for your time,
'Lloyds Bank' customer service

I was obviously really worried until I recalled in a split second that Lloyds are not my bank and I really shouldn't worry.....

Latest reply

Hi
Here is how the transaction will go on:
-I will make a private eBay listing for you.
-You will have to click "buy it now", fill in the forms and follow the instructions.
-eBay will send you an invoice with all the transaction details and the payment instructions.
-You will have to secure the founds to eBay.
-After the founds will be secured to eBay, the delivery will begin and the boat will arrive to you in max. 48 hours.
-When the boat will be in your custody, you will have a 3 days inspection period. If everything is alright, the transaction ends and eBay will release the money to me. If there is something wrong with the boat, you will be fully refunded and I'll get my boat back too, without any extra fees.
Everything is covered by eBay. As I told you, eBay will release the founds to me, only after your confirmation that the boat is alright.
Please let me know if you agree with this, so we can proceed right away with the transaction.
I'm waiting for your reply.
Thank you.
My Reply
Hello Again
I trust I am the only one that will have this link. I don't want to be pipped at the post. I am so close to owning my first boat, I'm almost wetting myself. I have a massive smile on my face.
Regards
  • Greenie 1

My Reply
Hello Again
I trust I am the only one that will have this link. I don't want to be pipped at the post. I am so close to owning my first boat, I'm almost wetting myself. I have a massive smile on my face.
Regards

What you should do next is to insist that the seller sends you a photograph of himself to establish his bona fides, and to insist that the photo has to follow a unique format specified by yourself so that you can be sure that he didn't just copy it from the internet, such as...

tope3.jpg

Edited by Southern Star

You have to hand it to them, there they are in Nigeria, where the Italians dump their toxic-waste rubbish on the coast, eating cod fish-head soup (as the heads from the Lofoten Islands are cheaper than the fish bodies), and there you are watching the cricket on your huge flat-screen narrowboat stuffing your face with gourmet micro-wave pizza and bantering to your mates on Facebook... the poor know where the money is ;)

My Reply
Hello Again
Regards

A greenie to you for that one, Biggles.

You have to hand it to them, there they are in Nigeria, where the Italians dump their toxic-waste rubbish on the coast, eating cod fish-head soup (as the heads from the Lofoten Islands are cheaper than the fish bodies), and there you are watching the cricket on your huge flat-screen narrowboat stuffing your face with gourmet micro-wave pizza and bantering to your mates on Facebook... the poor know where the money is wink.png

I think they're more likely to be in Krakow, London, Moscow or Beijing

wacko.png glad i ain't the only thicko,seriously though,i'm really glad i posted this 'cause if your a bit naive to these mongrels you could lose a lot of your 'ard earned,much appreciatedclapping.gif

wacko.png glad i ain't the only thicko,seriously though,i'm really glad i posted this 'cause if your a bit naive to these mongrels you could lose a lot of your 'ard earned,much appreciatedclapping.gif

don't look down on anyone unless your picking them up.

Latest reply

Hi
Here is how the transaction will go on:
-I will make a private eBay listing for you.
-You will have to click "buy it now", fill in the forms and follow the instructions.
-eBay will send you an invoice with all the transaction details and the payment instructions.
-You will have to secure the founds to eBay.
-After the founds will be secured to eBay, the delivery will begin and the boat will arrive to you in max. 48 hours.
-When the boat will be in your custody, you will have a 3 days inspection period. If everything is alright, the transaction ends and eBay will release the money to me. If there is something wrong with the boat, you will be fully refunded and I'll get my boat back too, without any extra fees.
Everything is covered by eBay. As I told you, eBay will release the founds to me, only after your confirmation that the boat is alright.
Please let me know if you agree with this, so we can proceed right away with the transaction.
I'm waiting for your reply.
Thank you.
My Reply
Hello Again
Regards

I have a "special link" now. I'm not PC savvy enough to track this link safely so anyone confident please let us know what going on.

http://hostlistfull.publicvm.com/a1-listing-type-18-ith-1992-Master-Craftsman-54ft-Steel-Narrow-Canal-Boat-561064811391-pt-LH-Boat-3-hash-item43c4d08f7f23242k3jkKJJAKDBAJD=/eBayMoneyBackGuaranteeVisits=1/redirect.php

I of course have a couple of extra questions.

Hi Isabella

Just a couple of things . In the photos on private the ebay listing there is no Rosie & Jim dolls. Are these still included in the price?
With regards to delivery, I am very superstitious. Can you ensure the delivery vehicle is a blue one. I feel sure the company will have such an easy colour so its not that big an ask.
Once I have confirmation of these details I will be ready to finish the transaction.
Kevin

Isabella will be happy to give positive answers to your questions given she has no intention of delivering the boat.

Better to ask something that actually requires some effort from her to comply with. Not that I have any suggestions tho!

MtB

Ask for the CIN number of the hull?

Excellent idea, as he'll need it to check on insurance costs before concluding the deal!

Isabella will no doubt make one up, but then Biggles can ask more awkward questions like 'that CIN number indicates a 70ft boat and the advert says 40ft (or whatever), can she check again?

MtB

P.S. and then he can say that the next CIN number (whatever she gives next) is listed as a stolen boat!

Excellent idea, as he'll need it to check on insurance costs before concluding the deal!

Isabella will no doubt make one up, but then Biggles can ask more awkward questions like 'that CIN number indicates a 70ft boat and the advert says 40ft (or whatever), can she check again?

MtB

P.S. and then he can say that the next CIN number (whatever she gives next) is listed as a stolen boat!

Like your thinking MtB

oh, scam baiting...

tell her that you have a cash flow problem, because of a family crisis, and that you need 50 dollars to release the funds, other wise you will have to cancel the purchase. She can wire the money via Western Union... (they often do..)

Yeh I thought that, must be busy with other scams i suppose.

oh, scam baiting...

tell her that you have a cash flow problem, because of a family crisis, and that you need 50 dollars to release the funds, other wise you will have to cancel the purchase. She can wire the money via Western Union... (they often do..)

Noted

She's not that keen to sell is she? Takes ages to get back with the replies.

Makes you wonder how many "buyers" s/he is dealing with at the same time.

Biggles is setting himself up as an eccentric, he needs to make sure that the scammer thinks he is a wealthy eccentric, just so that the scammer hangs in there for the agony s/he is about to be put through.

Personally, I'd be going for a photo of the seller with the boat. That would no doubt be a real inconvenience for them.

Then again, Biggles could find that he suddenly has business in the area where the boat is and that he wants to inspect it. The possibilities are endless....

Latest

Hi, yes the Rosie & Jim dolls are included in the price.
The boat will be delivered to you with Shiply, eBay's official shipping company with a lorry. You are not resonsable for any damage that could happen on the route. As about the payment, the payment is not directly to me. The money must be sent to eBay payment agent. The payment instructions, as I told you, will be sent to you by eBay once the purchase is complete. Also you will have 3 days to inspect and test the boat before the money will be released to me by eBay. If there is something wrong with the boat, you will be fully refunded and I will get it back too without any extra fees. The shipping procedure will begin only after the funds will be secured to eBay, after the money will be deposited into eBay's payment agent bank account. I'm waiting for your reply.
Thanks
Hi
I'm so glad the dolls are included, it makes everything perfect. You say the boat will be delivered on a lorry. Why is it not coming on its own trailer being towed by a lorry? Will the trailer be be delivered together or separately. I still need to be assured the delivery vehicle will be blue.
I need to insure the boat of course. My insurance company needs to know the CIN of the boat. Can you let me have this as a matter of urgency to get this transaction done.
Would you like my address now so you can inform the delivery company, it's
Hverfisgata 56,
Reykjavik,
Iceland
  • Greenie 2