sunk narrow boat

David Cook

Featured Posts

Yep, lots about that original post says 'troll' rather than genuine call for help.

First post

Corny, obvious troll question

Complete absence of detail

Dodgy avatar selected

Avatar at all suggests someone familiar with the forums

Failure to answer requests for detail

Failure to comment on responses despite returning to forum

Naïve simplistic question

Poor grasp of English grammar and punctuation

MtB

Blimey you lot don't have much patience! Maybe all his possessions are at the bottom of a river and he was using a library computer, messing with an avatar while he waited for some replies, then got kicked out at closing time. You remind me of when I bid on something on ebay that finished on a Friday night. I went away for the weekend and when I got back on Sunday the seller had opened a non-payment dispute!

Cut some slack people!

If you bid and won something on Friday, then went away for the weekend without letting the seller know when he may be paid for his item. I'm not surprised, I'd have done the same.

Edited by Gazboatman

Blimey you lot don't have much patience! Maybe all his possessions are at the bottom of a river and he was using a library computer, messing with an avatar while he waited for some replies, then got kicked out at closing time. You remind me of when I bid on something on ebay that finished on a Friday night. I went away for the weekend and when I got back on Sunday the seller had opened a non-payment dispute!

Cut some slack people!

I think people are just keen to find out if they can help if they can rather than they are being impatient.

Besides before he logged back on at 5.13pm, and presumably looked at this thread there were 3 posts asking for location details and more info. - so it does seem a bit strange that these were omitted from the original post and subsequent requests to provide some more info. have seemingly been ignored.

But yes equally it could all be he is just pre-occupied with 'stuff'

Yep, lots about that original post says 'troll' rather than genuine call for help.

First post

Corny, obvious troll question

Complete absence of detail

Dodgy avatar selected

Avatar at all suggests someone familiar with the forums

Failure to answer requests for detail

Failure to comment on responses despite returning to forum

Naïve simplistic question

Poor grasp of English grammar and punctuation

MtB

sounds like most of my posts,.................

• Greenie 2

Oi,,, Bad spollin dint nessassarrlly meeen I'm a trool,do it ?.

Aaah, Now it all makes more sense to me,what some members must have thought of me & my posts when I first joined, (or still do for that matter) Oh well, onward n upwards.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

If you bid and won something on Friday, then went away for the weekend without letting the seller know when he may be paid for his item. I'm not surprised, I'd have done the same.

I would have of course, but I didn't know I'd won until I got back, not everyone has a smart phone. It was only £20 and I'd already been in touch to see if they'd be ok with me organising a courier before I bid as they said pick up only. I'm quite communicative, it annoys the hell out of me to be ignored.

Edited by boathunter

I would have of course, but I didn't know I'd won until I got back, not everyone has a smart phone. It was only £20 and I'd already been in touch to see if they'd be ok with me organising a courier before I bid as they said pick up only. I'm quite communicative, it annoys the hell out of me to be ignored.

Well of course nobody ever goes away for the weekend or use their PC at work to buy off ebay do they?

Oi,,, Bad spollin dint nessassarrlly meeen I'm a trool,do it ?.

Now it all makes a bit more sense when I first joined,

Nope.

No single aspect of the post means a post is a troll post, any more than one brick means you have a wall.

Collect a load of bricks together and arrange them like a wall though, and you probably have a wall. The more bricks there are, the more likely people are to see it as a wall. Same with a trolly post.

I'd turn it around and ask if there is anything 'normal' about the start and the progression of this thread. There are more troll-ish features so far than non-trollish features. But hopefully the OP will pop up soon and give us an tell us an update, hopefully saying the insurance is dealing with it.

MtB

your all so sinicle, the poor fella must of just managed to escape his sinking boat and just managed to grab his I phone on his way out......he will be sat under a bridge with just enough battery power to post an SOS to the forum, his charger will be on the boat........

• Greenie 1

your all so sinicle, the poor fella must of just managed to escape his sinking boat and just managed to grab his I phone on his way out......he will be sat under a bridge with just enough battery power to post an SOS to the forum, his charger will be on the boat........

I agree. He is gonna be stuck under that bridge forever now, with no iphone charger!

MtB