Stoke Bruerne Flight closed

Leo No2

Featured Posts

Due to excessively high water levels following recent heavy rainfall, the Grand Union Canal at Stoke Bruerne Locks 14 to 20 will be closed with immediate effect.

This closure will remain in place until water levels drop. Further updates will follow to advise when the canal reopens.

You can view this notice and its map online here:
http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/478/grand-union-canal-locks-14-to-20-stoke-bruerne

I remember a time, when 't cut were closed for lack of water. 'T Great Draught it were called.

Ah yes. Yet another 'worst since records began' weather event that proves global warming is happening and it's all my fault for running a vintage engine.

:)

MtB

• Greenie 1

Ah yes. Yet another 'worst since records began' weather event that proves global warming is happening and it's all my fault for running a vintage engine.

smile.png

MtB

Hello MtB

Just think of all that Carbon you saved from NOT having a new engine manufactured

Roger

Came down The Stoke Bruerne flight of locks last Saturday and the key side was under water at the bottom lock and the water rushing out of the river Tove making the passage way south very interesting.

Lucky I knew the problems and kept the NB right over to the side closest to the river so that when I came level with the outfall of the river into the canal I was not pushed into the weir.

The water falling over the weir was over a foot high

Roger

All the water has probably drained into the Nene

God knows I wouldn't want to be at Billing Aquadrome at the moment

'All the water has probably drained into the Nene'

moi recons your right as the levels these past few weeks has had moi going up and down like a yoyo.. hmm.. and now poor lickle olde moi has to resort to chucking moi.self into a very flattering pair of waders to get on and orf moi boat ohmy.png

this is not helped by a fellow moorer ( will not mention his name !!) who burst into laughter at seeing moi trying to keep moi balance and said ..when he stopped laughing grr.. 'tree, you look like 'stig of the dump' blink.png and there was moi thinking that it was an elegant look ..ok if moi was entering a fly fishing competion !!

peeping out of my windows it looked earlier on today as moi was now marooned on an ocean .. as the fields across from moi have been completely submerged and you cannot tell where the river starts or ends..still such is life all the moorers are ok and supporting each other :)

humans must remember that we will never completely control Mother Nature and all we can do is prepare as best we can for when she is cross and respect her :)