Got a logiistical problem.............

Featured Posts

..............and I`m hoping someone may take advantage of it ! I need signwriting or a decoration job for the few days immediately after Crick to save me either driving up north then back again shortly afterwards

or kicking my heels around the Midlands for days. So - anything out there - no travel expenses and the charge would be lower than my normal rate. If this gets binned - that`s fine.

If you travel so someone's boat which isn't under cover then I guess any work you do would be weather-dependent?

Could you send me a PM to give me a quote for cabin sides only (handrails down to gunwale height) for my 57ft cruiser stern boat please? Black with cream coach lines - I will supply all paint and vinyl coach lines. Cabin sides are approx 40ft long with side doors both sides. I don't want the windows taken out. The existing black paint is well-adhered but rather oxidised (purplish tinge). You may want to take it all back or perhaps not - I'm not sure.

I'm near Stratford on Avon

Thanks - Mike

Edit: There is a DIY covered dry dock not far from me but they want 75 quid/day so I'd have to know how long it would take undercover.

DSC_2949-1.jpg

Edited by blackrose

..............and I`m hoping someone may take advantage of it ! I need signwriting or a decoration job for the few days immediately after Crick to save me either driving up north then back again shortly afterwards

or kicking my heels around the Midlands for days. So - anything out there - no travel expenses and the charge would be lower than my normal rate. If this gets binned - that`s fine.

We will be looking to have Bettie's Blessing on both sides of our WB - we could arrange to be in the Braunston / Warwick area around Crick time. As with Blackrose, ours would not be under cover.

• Greenie 1

You've got a spelling problem too

Richard

I must have as I can't spot it? Anyway Richard, if you want to spend your time picking up spelling problems on this forum I can assure you there are some others with far worse problems than me, so you've got your work cut out there!

Edited by Grace & Favour
Edited : Oh blast! - I can't find a spelling error in this post! ;)

I must have as I can't spot it? Anyway Richard, if you want to spend your time picking up spelling problems on this forum I can assure you there are some others with far worse problems than me, so you've got your work cut out there!

Suspect Richard wasn't directing the comment at you - OP's thread title?

I think Phil is looking for a job which is either signwriting or adding other decoration to an already painted boat.

I don't read it that he is looking for a job that actually involves painting the cabin sides.

I'll let him give his own view on the use of vinyl coach lines, (although I'm kind of prepared to make an inspired guess what that may be).

I think Phil is looking for a job which is either signwriting or adding other decoration to an already painted boat.

I don't read it that he is looking for a job that actually involves painting the cabin sides.

I'll let him give his own view on the use of vinyl coach lines, (although I'm kind of prepared to make an inspired guess what that may be).

Phil may want the job, he may not - that's up to him. Since he never sent me a PM I guess not.

I'm not really interested in a trademan's views if I'm paying their wages. I'd rather they just get on with the job. I'm not a traditionalist and I don't spend my time looking back to the past and trying to recreate a traditionalist illusion. If others want to do that on their boats it's fine with me as long as they don't expect me to do the same. I thought accepting differences in people's lifestyles was what diversity was all about? I embrace the benefits of the modern world and don't see anything wrong with that. I know that decent quality vinyl coach lines are perfectly good and will last as long as paint, so that's all that matters to me.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 2

Hi Blackrose

Just to point out that Phil is not yet connected to wifi at home and is still relying on the local Internet cafe, which he visits from time to time. This probably explains his lack of contact, though as a friend and colleague I doubt he'd be interested in coach painting out of doors. For a good few years now he has focused solely on trad decoration and lettering. Some of us need to be grumpy old traditionalists!!

Cheers

Dave

Hi Blackrose

Just to point out that Phil is not yet connected to wifi at home and is still relying on the local Internet cafe, which he visits from time to time. This probably explains his lack of contact, though as a friend and colleague I doubt he'd be interested in coach painting out of doors. For a good few years now he has focused solely on trad decoration and lettering. Some of us need to be grumpy old traditionalists!!

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave - - Phil manages to achieve all those requirements!

Hi again Blackrose

I'm writing this at Phil's request. We spoke this morning and he's asked me to let you know that he's away from home until the weekend and won't be online until then at the earliest, neither has he seen your posts.

Dave

If you travel so someone's boat which isn't under cover then I guess any work you do would be weather-dependent?

Could you send me a PM to give me a quote for cabin sides only (handrails down to gunwale height) for my 57ft cruiser stern boat please? Black with cream coach lines - I will supply all paint and vinyl coach lines. Cabin sides are approx 40ft long with side doors both sides. I don't want the windows taken out. The existing black paint is well-adhered but rather oxidised (purplish tinge). You may want to take it all back or perhaps not - I'm not sure.

Thanks - Mike

Edit: There is a DIY covered dry dock not far from me but they want 75 quid/day so I'd have to know how long it would take undercover.

DSC_2949-1.jpg

Thanks - Mike

DSC_2949-1.jpg

Thanks - Mike

DSC_2949-1.jpg

Thanks - Mike

DSC_2949-1.jpg

[/quote Hi Mike - many apologies but this is my first opportunity of contacting you. Sorry again because I`m stricktly a signwrite/decorator of boats these days so I am not , for various boring reasons , not in a position to paint your cabin sides. Thanks for asking ( and your coach lines are your own business whatever I may think !

We will be looking to have Bettie's Blessing on both sides of our WB - we could arrange to be in the Braunston / Warwick area around Crick time. As with Blackrose, ours would not be under cover.

Hi - that`s a possibility if the weather allows. I`ll pm you if I

can

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Phil called me from Scotland earlier this afternoon, quietly simmering after wasting a few hours fruitlessly trying to email a variety of people, including forum members. Apparently there are problems with his Internet cafe, which he still relies on to keep in touch, not yet having the internet at home.

If any of you are waiting for a reply, Phil earnestly asks you to give him a call on the old fashioned telephone thingy. His landline number is 01838 400269, not much mobile signal up there either.

He looks forward to hearing from you.

Dave