TWO DOMESTIC BATTERY BANKS ?

tangledfooted

Featured Posts

Cant find a UK supplier?

Try Alpha Batteries in rochdale, they supplied mine.

As you seem to have figured out, they are eyewateringly expensive, my set cost me £240 for all the fittings pipe and pump to suit eight six volt batteries.

if this helps me to keep on top of, and extend the life of £2000 worth of batteries it has probably paid for itself.

Try Alpha Batteries in rochdale, they supplied mine.

As you seem to have figured out, they are eyewateringly expensive, my set cost me £240 for all the fittings pipe and pump to suit eight six volt batteries.

if this helps me to keep on top of, and extend the life of £2000 worth of batteries it has probably paid for itself.

Some info here http://www.narrowboat-waiouru.co.uk/2013/03/automatic-battery-watering-system.html

and I think Biggles has a system as well

A cheap & efficient way of topping up batteries. I posted this sometime ago.

I made up a simple gadget to top up batteries spot on and quickly, as I can't see into each cell due to the batteries being close height wise to the stern deck. I've Just done my 6 x 6v batteries in 4 minutes.

It's basically a rubber science cork so acid doesn't affect it, Although testing this with a champagne cork wasn't a problem anyway. It has 2 x 5mm holes through it, it's set to enter the battery so the bottom of the cork is at battery water level. With some rubber O'rings glued/attached at the top, the cork sits the perfect height in each cell.

I found the Domestos bottles perfect to use to squeeze water into the cell, as it's sturdy enough to spring back into shape and suck any overfill out of the cell leaving the correct level.

The clear hose is just some cheap 8mm OS diameter 5mm ID hose.

I just 3/4 fill the bottle squeeze for a second and let the bottle spring back, If the cell is over full it sucks back the excess and you're left with the correct level, If there's not enough water it sucks air so you squeeze again and just repeat until full.

TBH I reckon It makes battery topping up easier even if you can access the fillers.

Batteryfiller_zpsa9273ee6.jpg