Changing a Boat's Name.

Southern Star

Featured Posts

Our boat was originally called Livery Stable. A previous owner renamed her Rivendell. One day I'll change it again to Tiddy Mun. We bought it in the fens and Tiddy Mun is the local good luck sprite of the fens. It's also 70 ft, so seems ironic.. I'm a fairly generously proportioned chap too...

Our boat was originally called Livery Stable. A previous owner renamed her Rivendell. One day I'll change it again to Tiddy Mun. We bought it in the fens and Tiddy Mun is the local good luck sprite of the fens. It's also 70 ft, so seems ironic.. I'm a fairly generously proportioned chap too...

I can tell you are not superstitious. Preparing to change a boat name (bad), to that of the local good luck sprite (good), so one cancels the other.smile.png

George ex nb Alton retired

Slightly smiley_offtopic.gif , but............................

Race Horses have to have their name registered with the British Horseracing Authority, and once given, a name can never be changed.

A name must be no more than 18 characters, including spaces. All names are vetted ( excuse the pun ), to prevent mischievous owners from creating names which may sound rude, or cause offence when pronounced at speed during a race commentary.

However, occasionally a name does slip through and is registered.

Julie Cecil (ex wife of the late Sir Henry) managed to name one Mary Hinge.

Another, in different ownership was called Wear The Fox Hat. (try saying it quickly).

Wasn't there also a race horse called Hoof Hearted?

And "Norfolk Enchants" ?

That was the name of my pub quiz team when I was a cadet.......

Yes we thought we were original and no we never one as the local team always seemed to beat us by 1 point......