Timothy West/Prunella Scales - Channel 4

deckhand

Featured Posts

Apparently it is on their boating activity, on the K & A I think. (but not 100% sure on this). It is on more4 at some stage shortly but cannot find a date and time of showing. Been advertised on Twitter and there are articles on Google ref it.

Rarely they are 'in shot' with their own boat. This programme may of course be different.

Once, on one of the waterways programmes on cable I saw their son inhabiting Dads boat in Stratford whilst he was playing Dick the Sh*t, sorry meant Richard the Third at the royal theatre.

Martyn

"Cruising along by narrowboat, Tim and Pru revisit the picturesque Kennet and Avon canal in the West Country - a deeply personal journey - which they saved from closure 24 years ago,"

<Irony> I'm impressed. Obviously the many others involved were not needed.

"Cruising along by narrowboat, Tim and Pru revisit the picturesque Kennet and Avon canal in the West Country - a deeply personal journey - which they saved from closure 24 years ago,"

<Irony> I'm impressed. Obviously the many others involved were not needed.

I think they probably missed out the word 'helped'.

• 4 weeks later...

The first program is being shown on Monday 10th March on More 4 at 9pm and there are 4 episodes in the series.

Should be great viewing

Probably the 4 episodes filmed and shown on TV I think in the 1980's of when their boat ''Honey street'' was the first boat to navigate along the K&A to Reading when it was first reopened .

Probably the 4 episodes filmed and shown on TV I think in the 1980's of when their boat ''Honey street'' was the first boat to navigate along the K&A to Reading when it was first reopened .

They are advertising it as a newly filmed series and I did see an article somewhere, which is when it first caught my eye, about them filming toward tail end of last year. So hoping its a bit more up to date than the 1980's .

They are advertising it as a newly filmed series and I did see an article somewhere, which is when it first caught my eye, about them filming toward tail end of last year. So hoping its a bit more up to date than the 1980's .

Yes lets hope so. But don't forget they both must now be quite elderly.

Yes lets hope so. But don't forget they both must now be quite elderly.

Timothy West is 79, and Prunella scales 81.

We caught them up when boating on the Oxford three years ago, and worked out then that their ages virtually matched those of Cath's parents. They were pretty proficient, but were glad of help with heavy paddles and gates at Somerton!

Blog linky, (though not a lot there, as it would have felt intrusive, somehow, to have started photographing them too overtly!)

Edited by alan_fincher

Timothy West is 79, and Prunella scales 81.

We caught them up when boating on the Oxford three years ago, and worked out then that their ages virtually matched those of Cath's parents. They were pretty proficient, but wee glad of help with heavy paddles and gates at Somerton!

Blog linky, (though not a lot there, as it would have felt intrusive, somehow, to have started photographing them too overtly!)

Interesting. Their boat looks like the same Honey Street, same colour scheme as it was in the 1980's film series. Apparently they always used it if they could when either were working on location at TV and radio studios ect and would moor it as near as possible to live on whilst working.

We saw then at Frankton junction on the Llangollen last year when they were filming and they used a hire boat. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the electrics on the boat and they had to be put up in a hotel overnight. back filming early next morning though.

haggis