lister jp3 rebuild

station tug

Featured Posts

Huh? I can stick engine parts in the dishwasher? Right, I'm definitely fitting one to Roe now!

Yes it's a well known technique. You can do it with computer motherboards too!

I think three JP heads all in at once might be a bit heavy for the dishwasher though...

MtB

MtB

I think three JP heads all in at once might be a bit heavy for the dishwasher though...

MtB

MtB

The Gunk you used in lieu of dishwasher tablets would leave a lovely smell though rolleyes.gif

MtB

MtB

The engine reconditioners that I use has a parts washers which really is just an overgrown dishwasher.

Tim

Cool! But what cleaning agent do they put in it? Gunk or Daz?

MtB

I'll try to remember to ask next time I'm there.

It would probably take a whole JP crankcase, never mind the three heads, if it would handle the weight.

Tim

Probably a soda blaster, works miracles that does, I hand the guy rusty junk, and get pristine metal back like it just left the Dursley foundry.

No, not the machine I'm referring to. It really is like a big dishewasher.

Tim

I've been known to put the odd thing in the dishwasher and am currently using the dining room as a paint shed. Small bits of boat laid out on the dining table.

I always thought an industrial unit would be better to live in than a house. The offices would make living accomadation there would be loads of workshop space and the yard would have room for my greenhouse as well as the vehicles.

There's a suitable unit just through the fence next to Hawne basin, really handy for working on the boat . Unlikely to happen though , cost and the planners would scupper that one.

I've been known to put the odd thing in the dishwasher and am currently using the dining room as a paint shed. Small bits of boat laid out on the dining table.

I always thought an industrial unit would be better to live in than a house. The offices would make living accomadation there would be loads of workshop space and the yard would have room for my greenhouse as well as the vehicles.

There's a suitable unit just through the fence next to Hawne basin, really handy for working on the boat . Unlikely to happen though , cost and the planners would scupper that one.

I like the way you think madcat.

Thing is, the planners might have trouble scuppering it if you could prove you lived on the boat.

They'd probably try to enforce you not living on the boat next, but you could claim you didn't, you lived in the industrial unit. It would hopefully take them years on end to pin you down!

MtB

P.S. Year ago when we first moved off the boat and into a house, we spent the first year living in one single room perfectly happily...

when i was fitting "grace" out we had a security dog job that involved 24/7 cover on a huge empty warehouse.....we set up washer dryer..shower..and an amazing workshop...we rebuilt engines and did some fairly large projects there..

• 3 weeks later...

iv been after 3 x head gaskets and 3 x sets of rings so i took it upon myself to have a ring round for some prices.....i really wanted genuine parts and some advice on a starter motor....prices came in at £220/£360 i found our local lister petter main agent as a long shot..i was shocked at the £200 quoted and they had them in stock..so iv gone for the genuine stuff and iv bought another 3 sets of each for the future.........i think the moral of the story here is dont just go for the big name remanufactuors of lister engine and part suppliers..sometimes a main agent is the cheapest and closest option!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Women are lovely but why, O why don't they get the engine parts in the dishwasher / kitchen sink / table / lounge carpet thing?

I had one get upset when I had the cylinder head in the oven (on max)

She then got even more excitable when I told her that the valve guides were in the freezer with the peas etc

blink.png

Seemed reasonable to me.

....... and the oven wouldn't have been smoking so much if it had been clean in the first place.