What a Company. Crowther Marine

bottle

Featured Posts

Having sent them an enquiry on Sunday afternoon, I had an answer this morning (Monday) before 09:00 hrs

As a result of their answer I sent a reply and another question.

Reply received, very quickly.

The enquiry was about replacing my prop but instead of trying to sell me anything, they have actually advised me to stay with what I have.

Now they have used their time and money to save me money, brilliant.

Great service

http://www.crowthermarine.co.uk/

ps. I have no connection with this company, other than a non-customer.

They did the same for me on Friday. I was hoping to buy a nice shiney new propellor but they said there was no need to change.

I've left my current propellor with them to be straightened. All three vanes are bent, one quite badly. It should be ready at the end of the week.

Another satisfied customer for Crowther's advice service, followed by a re-pitching of my blade- I was expecting to change it.

I also know of another customer who was given, without asking, a refund when the bronze billet for his new blade was less expensive than Crowthers expected.

Their attitude to customers is exemplary.

Strange coincidence that this thread was just below the Pillings Lock one. Chalk and cheese?

N

They obviously have not changed. Must be about 18 years ago that I bought my first boat, it was seriously under propped and due to it's shallow draught could not take a bigger prop.

Contacted Crowthers who did some pretty nifty maths and sent me a ”High E" prop. It looked so damn beautiful that I considered putting it on the wall, however common sense prevailed and it went on the shaft.

Best bit of kit I ever put on that boat, it transformed it. Have always remembered the help they gave me, no one else seemed to have a clue, but these guys sorted it

When we had Trojan built, our boatbuilder Mel Davis advised us to have a Crowther prop as they always supplied the correct one for the job. "They've never got one wrong yet" he told us, and our personal experience suggests that he was right. I am delighted to hear that as well as being highly skilled they are also thoroughly professional.

I am also very happy to sing their praises, new prop 11 years ago to their specifications and re-furb of same prop 10 years later. If all companies were so easy and straightforward to deal with life would be really simple. The product is superb. Very satisfied customer and no other connection to the company.

Saw a boat being blacked yesterday, they had painted the prop !

I was waiting to see that, I knew I would one day.

Is this really necessary? Bronze doesn't rust, and surely the paint will start to come off in a few hours of normal use?

The canal water round here has enough mud and silt in it to make it abrasive, and cavitatation will also strip paint.

I bought an old but almost unused (as it was a spare) Crowther prop when I was building my boat.

Crowther reset it to a different pitch and overhauled it to as new for a very reasonable price.

They also supplied matched couplings and tailshaft.

A good firm to deal with.

Same here, I wasn`t sure if I had the correct prop on my boat , asked Crowther for a price and gave them all the details and they said to stick with what I had, you remember that sort of service.

Thanks for the linky. I can see the point on a marine vessel (especially a yacht that might not use its engine for months at a time) but a narrowboat on fresh water?

I appreciate that the company might not know what sort of water the prop was going into, but still....

And if it was been blacked rather than anti-fowl it wouldn't do what "anti fowl" bit!