Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Can someone explain this copy?? I was not aware If an email was sent to the sender it could end up anywhere else (From Phill Spencer to Phil Spencer

Email recipients come in three categories -

To

Copy (cc)

blind copy (bcc)

It is common practice, if you do not want recipients of a email to know who the other recipients are, to send the email to yourself with blind copies to others. This is because email can not be sent unless there is one 'to' recipient.

(This is somewhat of a simplification but helpfully serves as an explanation)

***** Sorry, cross posted with Richard ******

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

And theres an example of double standards if it ever needed to be seen. The boat owed money so they render it immobile. Erm,hello,they owe CRT money yet complain about the marina having its access restricted. Simply laughable!

To

Copy (cc)

blind copy (bcc)

Strictly speaking To, CC (Carbon Copy), BCC (Blind Carbon Copy)

I love how one technology lives on in another - when did you last use a piece of carbon paper in a typewriter?

Richard

And theres an example of double standards if it ever needed to be seen. The boat owed money so they render it immobile. Erm,hello,they owe CRT money yet complain about the marina having its access restricted. Simply laughable!

Yes, my thoughts exactly. If only CRT (or whatever it was then) had acted when only £1500 was owing....

This is factually incorrect and Slander.
The vessel in question had a Tort Notice on it as there was a marina bill of over £1500 outstanding and the owner went AWOL - we even contacted the Police as we assumed he was dead!
The vessel had the drive linkage disabled at our request as we had to protect the vessel from any potential theft (keys were in the house where the owner lived and later missing) and also we had a Tort notice to recover our owed money which was considerable. Redwood Collections dealt with this matter formally.
The owner eventually re-appeared and paid his outstanding bill in instalments, but payments were never up to scratch.
The owner departed the Marina last week (still owing a few hundred quid) - there was still a Tort notice in place and had an unpaid bill. The owner actually couldn't pay the bill and therefore offered us a used Generator as payment which we accepted as it was better than nothing!!!
This person quoting this is damaging the reputations of the businesses involved and any post that refers to this matter incorrectly needs to be removed.
Thank you
Paul Lillie Director, Pilling's Lock Marina
pillingsbackoffice@btconnect.com

I thought Roy was in charge now, whats your present position Paul??

Is this why you are getting nowhere with CRT, you can't keep your nose out.....

Maybe C&RT should have sent the 'boys' in to collect their £180,000 - It seems to be the only sort of tactics that PL would understand.

Which part would they remove to ensure they got paid?

Richard

smiley_offtopic.gif

Having got entangled in a previous episode myself, can I ask everyone to spare a thought for Dan and his team of moderators. They will now be under a bombardment of emails and phone calls asking for CWDF to be taken down, edited and other dire threats from PL and his solicitors. This will take up a good deal of their time this morning. They are all volunteers and work hard to keep this thread alive. Well done chaps, good show

Richard

Edited by RLWP
  • Greenie 3

Why ?

You say the owner owed you money, he says he owed you money.

You say you made the boat 'inoperable', he says you made the boat inoperable

Where is the problem ?

It looks as if the only one who is "factually incorrect" is Roy Rollins when he stated "we would not do that"

It is still Criminal Damage - you could have padlocked / chained it up (as suggested by Roy) to stop its removal.

The vessel in question had a Tort Notice on it as there was a marina bill of over £1500 outstanding and the owner went AWOL - we even contacted the Police as we assumed he was dead!
The vessel had the drive linkage disabled at our request as we had to protect the vessel from any potential theft (keys were in the house where the owner lived and later missing) and also we had a Tort notice to recover our owed money which was considerable. Redwood Collections dealt with this matter formally.
The owner eventually re-appeared and paid his outstanding bill in instalments, but payments were never up to scratch.
The owner departed the Marina last week (still owing a few hundred quid) - there was still a Tort notice in place and had an unpaid bill. The owner actually couldn't pay the bill and therefore offered us a used Generator as payment which we accepted as it was better than nothing!!!
This person quoting this is damaging the reputations of the businesses involved and any post that refers to this matter incorrectly needs to be removed.
Thank you

Hmmmmmmmmm, pot, kettle, black comes to mind.

PS Paul, maybe you should have your tame barrister-to-be issue your statements, because technically it's libel not slander.

Even if someone owes money, you are still not allowed to disable/damage/modify someone's property, unless you have been given permission by court or owner. What you did or instructed others to do is against the law and is classed as criminal damage.

Just noticed had a tort notice on it, scrap my comments

Edited by Robbo

:smiley_offtopic:

Having got entangled in a previous episode myself, can I ask everyone to spare a thought for Dan and his team of moderators. They will now be under a bombardment of emails and phone calls asking for CWDF to be taken down, edited and other dire threats from PL and his solicitors. This will take up a good deal of their time this morning. They are all volunteers and work hard to keep this thread alive. Well done chaps, good show

Richard

Well, FTS *is* one of the moderators! And knowing him, I'd trust him to have given an accurate account of what happened and what was said.

It's certainly not slander, because that term only applies to the spoken word. And even if it was factually incorrect, that wouldn't necessarily even make it libel.

Well, FTS *is* one of the moderators! And knowing him, I'd trust him to have given an accurate account of what happened and what was said.

I trust him as well. That won't stop the bombardment of communications. I want to take the opportunity to point out some of the hard work going on behind the scenes. I wasn't aware until I had a 'phone discussion with Dan about one of the posts I made in this thread

Richard

To

Copy (cc)

blind copy (bcc)

It is common practice, if you do not want recipients of a email to know who the other recipients are, to send the email to yourself with blind copies to others. This is because email can not be sent unless there is one 'to' recipient.

(This is somewhat of a simplification but helpfully serves as an explanation)

Thank you Guys for the explaination Iam not that comp savvey

Thank you

just thought we had better quote this before he goes back and changes it......

Does seem a bit strange that a boat should be disabled by a marina owner to prevent its theft and to protect the monies owed yet the same marina who owes substantially more protests when CRT seeks to block the marina to protect its rights and prevent the thefts of any more boats. Surely the marina owners should be grateful at this new security system which will save it the cost of disabling more boats.

I'd never heard of a Tort notice, had to Google it. Apparently it relates to uncollected or abandoned goods, and is a sort of 'notice to remove'. Yet it seems that the means of removal had been disabled...

No doubt people who know about these things rather than relying on the interweb will correct me if that is wrong.

Tim

Can someone explain this copy?? I was not aware If an email was sent to the sender it could end up anywhere else (From Phill Spencer to Phil Spencer

blind copied in to preserve identities

blind copied in to preserve identities

Can I also say top work to Dan and the Mods for letting this thread stand. I feel that there may be a much wider fallout than just Pillings (insert new name here) for the wider boating community so it's good to have discussion from all sides.

Oh and would boarding the boat without the owners permission amount to trespass unless a bailiff or similar was involved or does a "tort" hold more weight?

All businesses including mine have slow payers at some point.....I must remember Mr Lillies excellent tips for improving customer relations next time I'm owed money.

Cheers.

Gareth