Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

I think you will find it is fairly standard practice to add the year of your birth is somebody else has already got your name as a login.

That, may be why I wrote what I did.

Martyn

Bloody 'ell, I reckon I'd be a bit crotchety if I was 119 years old!

I like that!

Just read the waterways world articles think Tim Coughlan's comments are more a moan about why there are more and more marinas making it more difficult to fill his I suspect. Done well with a good location/management both new and old marinas seem to be thriving examples would be perhaps Croperdy and Debdale underfunded or badly located marinas struggle Barby/Pillings.

I do have some sympathy that CRT operates marinas in direct competition as well as being in effect the landlord of the system. I wonder how independant the marina business actually is. Does it impact on the private operators is a relevant question.

I do have some sympathy that CRT operates marinas in direct competition as well as being in effect the landlord of the system. I wonder how independant the marina business actually is. Does it impact on the private operators is a relevant question.

Me too. Are the accounts of BWML in the public domain? These might shed some light on how fairly, or otherwise, they are competing. Do they get continuing financial support from CRT or is BWML an independent company fending for itself now?

But that's a discussion for another thread really. We don't want this thread getting too long, do we?

MtB

The marina,s have a choice , stay or go , as the market changes they must change , all the new players that joined in the game have nothing to be bleating about , like pl they knew or should have known what they were getting into , seems to me they are trying to move the goalposts ,change the rules , they are in the main no friends of boaters or C&RT ,they exist to make and take as much money out of the canals and boaters as they can .

Reminds me of the woman on R4 last week who was moaning that Waitrose's free coffee for members promotion was adversely affecting her high street coffee shop business. Turns out after 5 minutes of moaning that Waitrose had been giving coffee away for several months before she even opened the shop -- it was her business model that was in error.

Just read the waterways world articles think Tim Coughlan's comments are more a moan about why there are more and more marinas making it more difficult to fill his I suspect. Done well with a good location/management both new and old marinas seem to be thriving examples would be perhaps Croperdy and Debdale underfunded or badly located marinas struggle Barby/Pillings.

As I recall it, he has opposed most of the new marinas at planning stage. He has made it clear that he does not think that competition is good (for him).

As I recall it, he has opposed most of the new marinas at planning stage. He has made it clear that he does not think that competition is good (for him).

My beef with this guy was his insistence on the 60/40 split on fuel, claiming it was too much trouble to work out any other split.

He didn't get our business.

Bob

My beef with this guy was his insistence on the 60/40 split on fuel, claiming it was too much trouble to work out any other split.

Bob

Is he or other suppliers allowed to do this , it was once discussed here but cant remember the outcome.

Bob

Is he or other suppliers allowed to do this , it was once discussed here but cant remember the outcome.

Yes but you should be informed before filling up.

Even better check yourself before filling up.

How about addressing the points in tupperware's post, instead of accusing him of dishonesty and me of silliness?

MtB

I did address them. Just read past the first sentence. It was only five words long, and none of them were that difficult to understand, so have another go.

I did address them. Just read past the first sentence. It was only five words long, and none of them were that difficult to understand, so have another go.

No you didn't. Five words is not enough to construct meaningful counter arguments.

No you didn't. Five words is not enough to construct meaningful counter arguments.

You really can't read, can you?

I wrote "read PAST the first sentence". I mentioned that it was only five words long to encourage you to continue.

Now, have another shot at it. It really isn't so difficult. Honest.

well, it can be sometimes

Nice one.

Reminds me of the story about the famously taciturn President Coolidge.

Little girl goes up to the president and says: "Mr President, my momma bet me five dollars I couldn't get more than two words out of you".

Coolidge: "Momma wins".

• Greenie 1