Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Many of these "much smarter people" did anticipate the recent financial crisis although those wedded to pseudo-science did not.

I would be the first to agree that some calamities are unforeseeable but setting aside income to cover an identifiable future financial liability clearly does not fall into this category. Whether the NAA is a "flawed" scheme or not is totally irrelevant. I might claim that my energy bills are a "flawed scheme" but the agreement I have with my suppliers does not entitle me to claim this as a legitimate reason as to why I should be absolved of a payment I have agreed to make.

Disclaiming responsibility for meeting the legitimate demands of your suppliers and customers is not entrepreneurship. It is, in fact, indicative of a total lack of entrepreneurial ability

What a thoroughly dishonest post. I have never suggested that the flaws in the scheme were a justification for not paying, or for not setting aside monies to pay.

And many people did indeed predict the calamity, though few, I think, the magnitude of it. That is why I said "Much smarter people than" Mr Mayall, not "Nobody". After all, there are plenty of people who are much smarter than the people who are much smarter than Mr Mayall. clapping.gif

• Greenie 1

What a thoroughly offensive comment.

There is nothing dishonest in the post you quoted, just reasoned analysis.

MtB

I am rather hoping that you will put me on ignore, like that nice Mr Ambrose. Then I won't have to put up with any more of your silliness.

• Greenie 1

I am rather hoping that you will put me on ignore, like that nice Mr Ambrose. Then I won't have to put up with any more of your silliness.

How about addressing the points in tupperware's post, instead of accusing him of dishonesty and me of silliness?

MtB

That is why I said "Much smarter people than" Mr Mayall, not "Nobody". After all, there are plenty of people who are much smarter than the people who are much smarter than Mr Mayall. clapping.gif

How old are you?

Edited by happynomad

Methinks Georges main aim is to have a view contrary to everyone elses.

As far as Tupperware's post go, though I've read the whole thread as it's rolled out I've only really understood what's really happening since he joined in with his excellent technical explanations. I think that's why George is getting abusive.

Perhaps the '94' is the year of his birth.

Martyn

Good point. This would certainly explain George94's immature, shallow and childish view of the world of business.

No excuse for the abuse though.

MtB

P.S. Was that better, George? :)