Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

no doubt at the meeting on Friday, all the moorers will get assurances that their money is safe and they won't have to pay again..... always assuming that they can get in and out after April14th!

So the new company will be making payments to C@ART then?

Who was the narrator in that promotional film? Surely this was not Mr. Lillie, who wrote the very rude letter quoted earlier in this thread? The narrator seemed mild-mannered and reasonable.

I'm sure I read earlier in this massive thread that he trained at drama school ... perhaps that was called "acting" in the promotional film?!

I can't let the NBW (http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/news-flash/6558-pillings-director-resigns) go without comment. It's the bit that says

As to the outcome concerning the proposed blockade, this rests with Canal & River Trust, that as a charity will be seen in a bad light should it go ahead with its blockade, that will mean either locking people in a marina or causing them onto the bank side.

Why should it be any worse because C&RT are charity - I think (and please do correct me if I am wrong) C&RT are a business with a registered charitable status. As a business it has responsibilities to all of its customers and that includes each of us who have boats and/or use the waterways in some way. I want to see them run their business efficiently.

How carefully the plan has been engineered is how an "apprentice" marina manager was taken on last year with a job profile to match richard parrys.

This "apprentice" will be the gofer to allow Pillie to pretend he is not there under the new company.

I did post this yesterday but it became lost in the ether, It seems this is widely expected by the Pillings moorers I know on site.

Probably not a lot will be said as some of the moorers have NOT been invited.

I thought it was an open meeting?....that's what pillings Facebook page says...surely you don't need a invite....just turn up...if all the media types that seem to have been invited turn up then it will be amusing if they don't let you in.......

With £180,000 in my back pocket I would look at a NEW house as well. Thanks CRT!

George ex nb Alton retired

If you care to look back through his unlocked Facebook page then you will see that the poor lamb has had some stress buying a house.....such a shame......

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by frangar

I thought it was an open meeting?....that's what pillings Facebook page says...surely you don't need a invite....just turn up...if all the media types that seem to have been invited turn up then it will be amusing if they don't let you in.......

If you care to look back through his unlocked Facebook page then you will see that the poor lamb has had some stress buying a house.....such a shame......

Cheers

Gareth

nightmare on Elm Street more like

Some moorers got emails, some didn't, the ones that didn't just happened to be the ones that disagreed with Lillie......don't forget, not everyone does FB

Edited by matty40s

Some moorers got emails, some didn't, the ones that didn't just happened to be the ones that disagreed with Lillie......don't forget, not everyone does FB

My point was even if they don't do Facebook that as its on an open group there is nothing to stop them turning up if they should be told about it!

Cheers

Gareth

I can't let the NBW (http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/news-flash/6558-pillings-director-resigns) go without comment. It's the bit that says

Why should it be any worse because C&RT are charity - I think (and please do correct me if I am wrong) C&RT are a business with a registered charitable status. As a business it has responsibilities to all of its customers and that includes each of us who have boats and/or use the waterways in some way. I want to see them run their business efficiently.

It will be seen in a bad light because NBW say it is...

My point was even if they don't do Facebook that as its on an open group there is nothing to stop them turning up if they should be told about it!

Cheers

Gareth

Well i cannot go as i'm banned for entering the site for 5 years (4 1/2 remaining),Reason being it was in the agreement of the surrender of our leases..Also i cannot contact him,, his staff or his customers..

Idea being i might damage his companies...lolol!!

There are other canal fora available if you don't like how this one is run. Or you could volunteer your own time to moderate if you wish.

Sounds like the management of PLM to conventional moorers if you don't like it here then go somewhere else..

No bearing on the mods here as this thread is being allowed to be so open..It just that any moorer there posts on here in a critical sense they will put on the moaning Minnie list!

Edited by Grace & Favour

I'm not sure the bit you quoted was even the worst bit of that article! I liked the bit where this supposed news site says:

The whole matter, we should imagine much to the embarrassment of Canal & River Trust

(my bold) showing that when they don't actually know something, they just imagine it and write that instead.

Then they've found someone to write a piece wondering what the Network Access Agreement charge is for -- because apparently CRT do nothing for it. The guy seems not to realise that without access to the waterways, a marina is just a lake -- and certainly wouldn't make any money.

Who was the narrator in that promotional film? Surely this was not Mr. Lillie, who wrote the very rude letter quoted earlier in this thread? The narrator seemed mild-mannered and reasonable.

The one in the film is the bull**** side of PL the other who sent the rant email to us is the stressed one !

Stressed that two guys are damaging his business who objected to being ripped off

And where will the new 'phoenix' company get the money from to pay the C@RT charges. Will it be given an injection of capital from its directors when it is set up?.....or will the boaters have to pay it for something they have already paid the old company for.

Let me guess !!!

And where will the new 'phoenix' company get the money from to pay the C@RT charges. Will it be given an injection of capital from its directors when it is set up?.....or will the boaters have to pay it for something they have already paid the old company for.

Let me guess !!!

I thought that the owners of the marina were bailing out Mr Lillie jnr and the moorers were saved..Sorry if i have missed an about turn..I'm a honest hard working guy of integrity so cannot understand methods of dishonesty!

Then they've found someone to write a piece wondering what the Network Access Agreement charge is for -- because apparently CRT do nothing for it. The guy seems not to realise that without access to the waterways, a marina is just a lake -- and certainly wouldn't make any money.

This is something I have wondered about. Having provided the access from the canal to the marina what is it that Canal and River Trust do for the annual levy on moorings in marinas?

no doubt at the meeting on Friday, all the moorers will get assurances that their money is safe and they won't have to pay again..... always assuming that they can get in and out after April14th!

Yesterday you said the Stedman's had agreed to pay this debt. If that's the case, there is no crisis, there should be no bankruptcy, and things should continue as "normal", shouldn't they?

This is something I have wondered about. Having provided the access from the canal to the marina what is it that Canal and River Trust do for the annual levy on moorings in marinas?

Look after the water channels that the marina needs to keep wet.

Think of it as a fee for the privilege of being connected to the waterways, therefore giving the marina owner the ability to make money.

Think of it as a fee for the privilege of being connected to the waterways, therefore giving the marina owner the ability to make money.

Also providing water into the marina for that lost by evaporation

Richard