BCN Challenge 2014 - 24 & 25th May

junior

Featured Posts

RIGHT. I am the highly organised volunteer, and when I sit down to do it all properly tonight or tomorrow, I will find and arrange map software etc.

As is mentioned, you cannot "follow" a Twitter hashtag, just a twitter account.

So I have set up the twitter account @BCNChallenge, and will use this to tweet updates, news, gossip, blatant lies about what time I got up, etc.

Others of you that use Twitter can tweet @BCNchallenge with your own news and updates, which will then appear on the Twitter stream.

BUT.

If you START the message with @BCNChallenge, only your own followers and the @BCNChallenge followers can see it. so, either put the @BCNChallenge part of the message in the middle or at the end, or put a full stop and a gap between the @BCNChallenge bit at the start before your message.

If anyone has as long landscape-style image relate to the BCN you'd be happy for me to use as the header for the account, lease lemme know!

So. follow @BCNChallenge for updates. https://twitter.com/BCNChallenge

Tweet TO @BCNChallenge to have your own updates shown in the stream.

Using hashtag #BCNChallenge is cool, but will not make your messages appear in the stream.

I will also post more info of what I find for tracking software, or ways for people to keep in touch over the challenge that are happy for me to collate update their news, locations and gossip.

K?

Edited by Starcoaster

Sorry, I may have mislead you. They are the ordinary handcuff keys, a cylinder with a crossbar and a square hole in the end

Richard

Pardon me, I've tweeted

Richard

Sorry, I may have mislead you. They are the ordinary handcuff keys, a cylinder with a crossbar and a square hole in the end

Richard

Pardon me, I've tweeted

Richard

Thanks, I was starting to get worried!

Richard

CWDF BCN Challenge entries 2014

Team Tawny Owl - RLWP, Mrs Tawny Owl, Smudge, Purple Fairie, Proper Job, Richard Parry, Statto Dave, Swimmin' Rob Jacob

Iona - MILLIE!, Ange, Davel, Divum Draconis

The Cat Who Walks By Himself - Nine of Hearts, Sis and Bro in law*

Cobbett - Wrigglefingers, Starcoaster, Katie, Feral Mattress*

Diesel and Dust - Tom and Bex

Firefly - John6767, Sally

Team Red Wharf - Victor Vectis, Little Else, Madcat

Albion - Junior, Rob-M, Captain Fizz (CEO), Matty40s(ships cat)

MVCL - System 4-50

Clarrie - LaurieB *

Peckham Poppy - AMY, Odana, Black Beauty, Keeping Up, Father-Bill-from-Auckland

Telemachus - nicknorman, Jeff, Chris

The Moorhen - Mike & Jane

Clover - sarahavfc, M589

Beau - Dave_P, 'Pound-drainer' Louise, Tall Blair, Tea-girl Lou

Reginald - Mike the Boilerman, Tree Monkey*

Stronghold - Oakie, Barry Adams and "Mouse"

Chalice - Non-puking ODIN, Alan, Cath & David Fincher

Carpe Vinum - Kustomcut

Indigo Dream - Assorted greyhounds, RichardN, Greygal, The Synth Prof, Famous Knees Christine, Sue

Golden Boyz - Golden Boyz (Sandra, Sally & Alan)

Denry - Bella Basset, Paul C, little duck!

NB Ryeland - Richard, Anne and Stephen Lacey

Crane - Geoff Bailey
Hampstead - Team Hamster! Tiggers

#bcnchallenge

So, anyone up for being the CWDF commentator, a gongoozling Murray Walker?
Richard
*Wooden spoon class competitors. Reginald now entered in this class. In qualifying, team Cobbett ​managed a magnificent 15 kilometers in two whole days. This is a tremendous effort, being able to distinguish movement from being moored at these speeds is quite hard
Edited by RLWP

CWDF BCN Challenge entries 2014

Team Tawny Owl - RLWP, Mrs Tawny Owl, Smudge, Purple Fairie, Proper Job, Richard Parry, Statto Dave, Swimmin' Rob JacobIona - MILLIE!, Ange, Davel, Divum DraconisThe Cat Who Walks By Himself - Nine of Hearts, Sis and Bro in law*Cobbett - Wrigglefingers, Starcoaster, Katie, Feral Mattress*[/size]Diesel and Dust - Tom and BexFirefly - John6767, SallyTeam Red Wharf - Victor Vectis, Little Else, MadcatAlbion - Junior, Rob-M, Captain Fizz (CEO), Matty40s(ships cat)MVCL - System 4-50Clarrie - LaurieB *[/size]Peckham Poppy - AMY, Odana, Black Beauty, Keeping Up, Father-Bill-from-AucklandTelemachus - nicknorman, Jeff, ChrisThe Moorhen - Mike & JaneClover - sarahavfc, M589

Beau - Dave_P, 'Pound-drainer' Louise, Tall Blair, Tea-girl Lou

Reginald - Mike the Boilerman, Tree Monkey*[/size]

Stronghold - Oakie, Barry Adams and "Mouse"

Chalice - Non-puking ODIN, Alan, Cath & David Fincher

Carpe Vinum - Kustomcut

Indigo Dream - Assorted greyhounds, RichardN, Greygal, The Synth Prof, Famous Knees Christine, Sue

Golden Boyz - Golden Boyz (Sandra, Sally & Alan)

Denry - Bella Basset, Paul C, little duck!

NB Ryeland - Richard, Anne and Stephen Lacey

Crane - Geoff Bailey

Hampstead - Team Hamster! Tiggers

#bcnchallenge

So, anyone up for being the CWDF commentator, a gongoozling Murray Walker?

Richard

*[/size]Wooden spoon class competitors. Reginald now entered in this class. In qualifying, team Cobbett ​managed a magnificent 15 kilometers in two whole days. This is a tremendous effort, being able to distinguish movement from being moored at these speeds is quite hard

Cobbett was quite grumpy about this and spat out a huge clod of black smoke when the solenoid kicked in and turned her off when we arrived at the mystery destination. Edited by wrigglefingers

Ok, when moving the boat this afternoon I tried "MapMyWalk" and it does not seem to add any value, so unless I am missing something there is no app that will provide a route tracking that's can be made public, am I missing something?

On Starry setting up @BCNChallenge, that is a good idea but I would suggest using the #bcnchallenge hash tag is the best wy if doing it, Starty can pick up on that and retweet as she feels fit. Using the hash tag we could get it "trending" even!

Ok, when moving the boat this afternoon I tried "MapMyWalk" and it does not seem to add any value, so unless I am missing something there is no app that will provide a route tracking that's can be made public, am I missing something?

On Starry setting up @BCNChallenge, that is a good idea but I would suggest using the #bcnchallenge hash tag is the best wy if doing it, Starty can pick up on that and retweet as she feels fit. Using the hash tag we could get it "trending" even!

Happy for people to use the hashtag, but remember I am doing the challenge myself on the run and so am not really up for searching and re-tweeting potentially hundreds of tweets over the course, when anyone who wants to see all of the tweets in one place can look on the feed for people's posts.

Perhaps if Richard does get the commentator he's still after, they can do it?

OK so i have signed up to Twitter and now haven't a clue what to do as it asks me who i want to connect to, This is sooooooo complicated for fossil such as myself. could only get it on phone as computer didn't wanna know. I have text son with SYMFT----save your mum from technology and now waiting for my knightly son in not so shining armour to rock on through the door, and as he's found new bird guess it'll be long wait.

Happy for people to use the hashtag, but remember I am doing the challenge myself on the run and so am not really up for searching and re-tweeting potentially hundreds of tweets over the course, when anyone who wants to see all of the tweets in one place can look on the feed for people's posts.

Yep I understand that you will be busy (sleeping, just kidding), it is just hash tags are twitters way of letting you see posts related to a topic (as they do with TV program's often) so it makes sense to do the same, unless you retweet everything your followers will not see it, so that could keep you very busy.

I am very conversant with how Twitter works, and the purpose of hashtags. I fully understand that if people tweet @BCNChallenge without leaving a gap at the front followers cannot see it, however I have mentioned both in this thread and on Twitter that in order to publicly show tweets to us, you need to put the @BCNChallenge i the body of the message, at the end of it, or with a full stop in front of it to allow public viewing.

I am not planning to re-tweet everything by either means, either hashtags or @BCN's, so if people just take a few secs to read my explanation of how to ensure tweets to us get seen, there will be no issue.

I'm in the category of believing I am naive enough to thing I broadly understand the Internet.

Twitter on the other hand (!)..................................

Team Fincher have made it as far as Braunston, and is frankly far moew focussed more on dog than boating.

Every little sign that we have anything less than a 100% recuperating hound throws us into a blind panic, after all that has happened during the last few weeks.

So this morning when he is reticent to go for a walk, and seems a bit lame, we are close to summoning an air ambulance. :o

The honest likelihood is that he has pulled a muscle yesterday from being over-exuberant, but it is hard to remain objective!

T'int that hard to remember to bung @bcnchallenge and #bcnchallenge into a twat tweet somwhere. I don't have much to say anyway

Richard

I'm in the category of believing I am naive enough to thing I broadly understand the Internet.

Twitter on the other hand (!)..................................

Team Fincher have made it as far as Braunston, and is frankly far moew focussed more on dog than boating.

Every little sign that we have anything less than a 100% recuperating hound throws us into a blind panic, after all that has happened during the last few weeks.

So this morning when he is reticent to go for a walk, and seems a bit lame, we are close to summoning an air ambulance. ohmy.png

The honest likelihood is that he has pulled a muscle yesterday from being over-exuberant, but it is hard to remain objective!

That dog has you wrapped around his little dew-claw

Richard

You'll not be giving him anti-inflammatories then.

My boy can barely walk this evening. I think he's pulled a muscle or something somersaulting over his frisbee

I am very conversant with how Twitter works, and the purpose of hashtags. I fully understand that if people tweet @BCNChallenge without leaving a gap at the front followers cannot see it, however I have mentioned both in this thread and on Twitter that in order to publicly show tweets to us, you need to put the @BCNChallenge i the body of the message, at the end of it, or with a full stop in front of it to allow public viewing.

I am not planning to re-tweet everything by either means, either hashtags or @BCN's, so if people just take a few secs to read my explanation of how to ensure tweets to us get seen, there will be no issue.

Yep but unless I don't get how twitter works (which is probably the case!!!) not starting with a user name will just make certain all your followers see the tweet not just those that follow both you and the recipient, ie it just makes it a normal tweet rather than a reply.