BCN Challenge 2014 - 24 & 25th May

junior

Featured Posts

Store cupboard food on Iona (that means spaghetti hoops on toast)

With a sprinkling of parmesan of course

PS good to see you're back in the running Mikey Bee - presumably engine problems all sorted?

Yes. Jennifer the Gleniffer seems to have got MUCH better since I purchased the Lister HRW2 as a replacement engine.

Quelle coincidence!

Gurls, huh.

MtB

Ah replacement engine - ouchie!

You was always very proud of your oddly named engine as well. Still Lister is good - isn't it?

(I know nuffink about engines and have no desire to - that's why I didn't follow the broken engine thread)

I have never been to this event so i think i would like to wobble up, boat not ready so intend maybe coming by train, where is best place to be to see whats what?

Would love to meet some folk if doable. I have read bits of this thread but its awful long and cannot seem to find info i need.

Thanks

Well as a first timer I suppose a round may be forthcoming.

I will also be handing out to any who care to try some of my home made pate (chilli pate) I will bring whatever if any is left to the buffet.

If anyone wants any pate for the challenge let me know and ill arrange a convenient place to exchange, or leave for you :)

Really looking forward to this as I fly out to Spain on the Tuesday am so for me it is a prequel to our holiday.

Although I will be leaving early Monday am to slog back to lady lane then rush home and pack for holiday.

Also being the only cruiser I will moor I think off to a side so no crush from all the steel boats :)

As for food on the journey, anything and everything from bacon, to Steak Dianne I think.......

I have never been to this event so i think i would like to wobble up, boat not ready so intend maybe coming by train, where is best place to be to see whats what?

Would love to meet some folk if doable. I have read bits of this thread but its awful long and cannot seem to find info i need.

Thanks

That's not easy to answer. Boats will start all over the system, all take different routes and perhaps finish in the same place on Sunday. I guess that most boats will pass through Windmill WEnd on Sunday afternoon, otherwise you have over sixty miles to try and find them

I would say your best bet is actually at your computer. We try to update this thread with our location, I'm going to try to use the Member Map as well. Then there is a Twitter feed (who's hash tag I need to find)

What we really need is a commentator to keep track of boats. If someone volunteered we could supply a mobile number, or a 'Track my Run' feed, or something

Anyone up for doing that?

Richard

Just having another quick think! I have gathered there will be some form of social gathering at the end of the competition:cheers: ( i'm looking forward to meeting lots of new boating friends!) Is there a cash machine near Hawne basin or do I need to go to the cash machine before leaving home.

There is a Tesco Express within a ten minute walk, but unsure whether they have a cash machine but they do cash back if you can bear to shop at Tesco :-)

That's not easy to answer. Boats will start all over the system, all take different routes and perhaps finish in the same place on Sunday. I guess that most boats will pass through Windmill WEnd on Sunday afternoon, otherwise you have over sixty miles to try and find them

I would say your best bet is actually at your computer. We try to update this thread with our location, I'm going to try to use the Member Map as well. Then there is a Twitter feed (who's hash tag I need to find)

What we really need is a commentator to keep track of boats. If someone volunteered we could supply a mobile number, or a 'Track my Run' feed, or something

Anyone up for doing that?

Richard

As to twitter we have used #bcnchallenge as the hash tag in the past, we will use it again this year.

In addition to the photos we are going to try to do Vine video clips as well. I did look into setting up a live stream on ustream, but I think that will have to wait until next year now.

CWDF BCN Challenge entries 2014

Team Tawny Owl - RLWP, Mrs Tawny Owl, Smudge, Purple Fairie, Proper Job, Richard Parry, Statto Dave, Swimmin' Rob Jacob

Iona - MILLIE, Ange, Davel, Divum Draconis

The Cat Who Walks By Himself - Nine of Hearts, Sis and Bro in law

Cobbett - Wrigglefingers, Starcoaster, Katie, Ellen, Feral Mattress

Diesel and Dust - Tom and Bex

Firefly - John6767

Team Red Wharf - Victor Vectis, Little Else, Madcat

Albion - Junior, Rob-M, Captain Fizz (CEO), Matty40s(ships cat)

MVCL - System 4-50

Clarrie - LaurieB

Peckham Poppy - AMY, Odana, Black Beauty, Keeping Up, Father-Bill-from-Auckland

Telemachus - nicknorman, Jeff, Chris

The Moorhen - Mike & Jane

Clover - sarahavfc, M589

Beau - Dave_P, 'Pound-drainer' Louise, Tall Blair, Tea-girl Lou

Reginald - Mike the Boilerman, Tree Monkey

Stronghold - Oakie, Barry Adams and "Mouse"

Chalice - Puking ODIN, Alan, Cath & David Fincher

Carpe Vinum - Kustomcut

Indigo Dream - Assorted greyhounds, RichardN, Greygal, The Synth Prof, Famous Knees Christine, Sue

Golden Boyz - Golden Boyz (Sandra, Sally & Alan)

Denry - Paul C, little duck!

NB Ryeland - Richard, Anne and Stephen Lacey

Richard

#bcnchallenge

Edited by RLWP

Never mind seeing the boats on route

Any chance of letting the crew know where they need to be to catch the boat in the first place? biggrin.png

When Statto has stopped messing about with the route, yes

Piazza San Marco, can that be right?

Richard

MORE: Anyone want to volunteer to commentate?

Edited by RLWP

When Statto has stopped messing about with the route, yes

Piazza San Marco, can that be right?

Richard

MORE: Anyone want to volunteer to commentate?

He worries to much

Let's face it, we'll take a wrong turn due to someones inattention rolleyes.gif , he'll go in to a flat spin, go off mumbling and come back with a revised winning plan

Sorted biggrin.png

Thanks

There is a photographic workshop at the BCNS HQ at Titford Pump House on the Saturday with the intention of seeing boats on the Challenge. We will be there in our boat to open the Pump House & do teas & coffees. You would be most welcome to join us.Let me know.

There is a photographic workshop at the BCNS HQ at Titford Pump House on the Saturday with the intention of seeing boats on the Challenge. We will be there in our boat to open the Pump House & do teas & coffees. You would be most welcome to join us.Let me know.

That's an excellent plan

Richard