BCN Challenge 2014 - 24 & 25th May

junior

Featured Posts

Let's see, 30 boats, so if we arrange for 28 of them to be moored in front of Tawny Owl for the start, we might stand a chance...

That's fine - we are going to do the whole challenge in reverse this year

Richard

That's fine - we are going to do the whole challenge in reverse this year

Richard

Brilliant plan

............. moor up facing the wrong way. Everyone else moors in front of us and when the time comes, roar of backwards

mum's the word ninja.gif

Starting at Hawne Basin?

Dammit, that was MY plan too.

Start in Hawne Basin and stay there for the duration drinking the fine selection of single malts we'll have on board. That way we'll definitely get a mooring there at the end and we might even beat Laurie to last place!

MtB

Dammit, that was MY plan too.

Start in Hawne Basin and stay there for the duration drinking the fine selection of single malts we'll have on board. That way we'll definitely get a mooring there at the end and we might even beat Laurie to last place!

MtB

You blaggard sir

:)

We thought we might start at the bottom of the 21 for a change this year,

Open a bottom paddle for us as you leave the locks pleasebiggrin.png

Sue

Is starting at the bottom of the 21 a bad idea? Hmm maybe I need a rethink ...

Gas Street Basin start for me. For obvious reasons smile.png

But you can't start there (well you can but you will not get points), it is one of the few places on the BCN that are not included and have not been for a couple of years. You would start at Old Turn. When they dropped Gas Street I did wonder if there had been complaints, but hard to see many boats would have gone there anyway.

You are cordially invited to join us.

We 'may' venture out onto the BCN if closing one eye makes the extra tunnel disappear...:cheers:

MtB

I see, Reginald will now declare Clarrie as a butty for the duration of the 24 hr Challenge. Cunning devils

Richard

I see, Reginald will now declare Clarrie as a butty for the duration of the 24 hr Challenge. Cunning devils

Richard

Excellent idea, thanks.

Does hanging around in Hawne Basin for the duration of the weekend with a butty score more, or fewer points, than without a butty?

:D

MtB

I'm just going through loads of loops and dives in my worry tummy thinking I'm working now and have to get to work and move the boat, Dave's looking for work and if he finds it we're in a world of problems getting our boat there.

Deep breaths.

Deep breaths.

Iona will make it to the BCN Challenge.

Positive thinking.

But you can't start there (well you can but you will not get points), it is one of the few places on the BCN that are not included and have not been for a couple of years. You would start at Old Turn. When they dropped Gas Street I did wonder if there had been complaints, but hard to see many boats would have gone there anyway.

Fair point. But I'm not too sure whether I'm bothered about scoring points.

Fair point. But I'm not too sure whether I'm bothered about scoring points.

So far our starting point is not one of the designated, bonus point starts, but it does in my view put me in a good situation to explore areas I have never been and not do much doubling back.

I do however need to be back from the finish point to Lady Lane wharf on Monday as we fly out on family vacation to Spain on Tuesday 27th at 7am :)

So far our starting point is not one of the designated, bonus point starts, but it does in my view put me in a good situation to explore areas I have never been and not do much doubling back.

I do however need to be back from the finish point to Lady Lane wharf on Monday as we fly out on family vacation to Spain on Tuesday 27th at 7am smile.png

That is an easy run on the Monday, three years ago we went from the finish at Walsall Basin to the top of Lapworth on the Monday. You may have trouble getting up for the flight on Tuesday morning though!

I'm just going through loads of loops and dives in my worry tummy thinking I'm working now and have to get to work and move the boat, Dave's looking for work and if he finds it we're in a world of problems getting our boat there.

Deep breaths.

Deep breaths.

Iona will make it to the BCN Challenge.

Positive thinking.

Not too sure what our pre and post Challenge plans are yet but if Iona needs moving we'd be happy to help.

Me & Her

(Team Red Wharf)

Firstly, they leave the chain off for the challenge so you can wind

Secondly, you can wind a seventy foot boat in the basin alongside the workshop - just

Richard

Edited by RLWP