Sunday lunch is sorted

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Ok |I'll bite!

Got a recipe for cooking pheasant with fewer than 11 ingredients? And nothing unusual like mace ;)

If so, I'll try and run a fresh one over this afternoon....

Thanks!

MtB

P.S. Dis he buy them or catch them himself?

P.P.S. Why don't we get pheasant for sale in Waitrose?

More road kill??

No a thank you for giving someone a lift home from the boat club last night.

They are currently hanging in the anchor locker ready for skinning tomorrow. They are going in a casserole anyway so no point messing around plucking them!

Ok |I'll bite!

Got a recipe for cooking pheasant with fewer than 11 ingredients? And nothing unusual like mace ;)

If so, I'll try and run a fresh one over this afternoon....

Thanks!

MtB

P.S. Dis he buy them or catch them himself?

P.P.S. Why don't we get pheasant for sale in Waitrose?

Shot yesterday by a friend. He keeps threatening to take us shooting on his land but we have not got round to it yet. We dropped him off at home last night so these were a thank you gift.

They will be made into a simple casserole served in a Yorkshire Pudding tomorrow. Best to keep it simple with these things.

Not sure why game isn't more popular in supermarkets to be honest. Although why buy it when you have a friendly land owner who will shoot it you for free?

No a thank you for giving someone a lift home from the boat club last night.

They are currently hanging in the anchor locker ready for skinning tomorrow. They are going in a casserole anyway so no point messing around plucking them!

Shot yesterday by a friend. He keeps threatening to take us shooting on his land but we have not got round to it yet. We dropped him off at home last night so these were a thank you gift.

They will be made into a simple casserole served in a Yorkshire Pudding tomorrow. Best to keep it simple with these things.

Not sure why game isn't more popular in supermarkets to be honest. Although why buy it when you have a friendly land owner who will shoot it you for free?

That's an easy one to answer. If I bought one from Tesco I'd expect there to be no bullets in it...

Hmmm, casserole. You've got me there... I know, I'll google it!

MtB

That's an easy one to answer. If I bought one from Tesco I'd expect there to be no bullets in it...

Hmmm, casserole. You've got me there... I know, I'll google it!

MtB

Mr Tesco might not be happy with the size of a plucked/skinned pheasant in its plastic box on the shelf. No doubt he would want to charge top dollar for the bird but they are scrawny little buggers when they are skinned!

Agree skin em if they cannot be plucked when warm ,Spent a day with a flying a Goshawk against Pheasants once amazing bird of prey.....talk about target fixation ....plus when you get to eat the Pheasants not a braest full of pellets .

Naughty Call looks like you got them p$%^£d in the photo lol

Maybe their friend had already had the birds hanging ?

This guy also says it's a mystery do

http://honest-food.net/2012/10/20/on-hanging-pheasants-2/

My DP says that game should be hung "complete" and maggots eat the guts and the guts only, when the first maggot falls from the game it us declared hung (jugged hare) ........

Edited for predictive text being wrong

Edited by Dottyshirl

Next Sunday They need to hang sick.gifsick.gif

They had a couple of days hanging which is fine if you prefer a milder flavour. We are not really fans of pheasant when it is very gamey and hung for much longer.

Was very nice indeed though. Might have to take Chris home more often :)