OMG - it's all coming together!!!!!!!

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee

We've received the BSC & Survey report this morning!!!!

I'm off to type up our Safety Statement so I can arrange the insurance cover

Then once I receive the insurance documents I can apply for our C&RT license and then it's a simple matter of......

- Selling/giving away 99% of our worldly possissions

- Cancelling Power/Gas/TV license/Council Tax/Newspaper/Window Cleaner/Water/Internet/Home Phone/House Insurance/Car Insurance/paper bank statements/paper mobile statements

- Informing world and wife of new forwarding address

- convincing my Dr to work with me in ensuring I can have access to the daily meds I take

- Purchase the new washer / freezer / dining set / life ring / life vests / boat pole / bedding & linens / gas cylinder / smokless fuel & numerous other bits & bobs for the boat

- Make an appt for Gabby & Zebby to be tagged

- Organizing the crane in Chorley to lift her on the AB Tucky truck on the 21st

- Arrange for AB Tucky to move her down to Braunston Marine on the 21st

- Organize a man with a van for the 21st to load up our stuff here and be at Braunston Marine just as the boat is going into the water

- Organize our helmsman course for the 23rd

That's about it I think......

OHHH - and still trying to convince Dave to quite smoking!!!

OHHHHHH - and need to make sure there is easy access to some champagne glasses on the 21st as well clapping.gif

BTW - that's the 21st of Jan., not December......I'm not a mircale worker you know blush.png

I think you will find that Tuckeys will do all of the planning from water to water.

They have their own crane.

Good luck, I think the canals are going to freeze over on the 20 January 2014.

Only joking biggrin.png I wish you well and a smooth transfer.

Fantastic news and good luck!

I thought you meant December and thought you mental, now I know you mean January, I just think you're crazy!

Good luck though, it's the best thing I've ever done :)

You will be able to buy some new bunting as well hopefully.;)

if you have passed Nightwatch and you refer to our 'decorations' there on, Nightwatch has been specially selected by the local ducks for them to sharpen their beaks on the wood surround of the Cratch A frame. They peck at it and made a right mess. And they open their bowels whilst they do so.

Once we're onboard we can shoot the buggers. Oops! Meant to say shoo them away.

George the Staffie might have something to say about their presence as well.

If you haven't passed Nightwatch recently I don't know what you're talking about.

Martyn

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee

We've received the BSC & Survey report this morning!!!!

I'm off to type up our Safety Statement so I can arrange the insurance cover

Then once I receive the insurance documents I can apply for our C&RT license and then it's a simple matter of......

- Selling/giving away 99% of our worldly possissions

- Cancelling Power/Gas/TV license/Council Tax/Newspaper/Window Cleaner/Water/Internet/Home Phone/House Insurance/Car Insurance/paper bank statements/paper mobile statements

- Informing world and wife of new forwarding address

- convincing my Dr to work with me in ensuring I can have access to the daily meds I take

- Purchase the new washer / freezer / dining set / life ring / life vests / boat pole / bedding & linens / gas cylinder / smokless fuel & numerous other bits & bobs for the boat

- Make an appt for Gabby & Zebby to be tagged

- Organizing the crane in Chorley to lift her on the AB Tucky truck on the 21st

- Arrange for AB Tucky to move her down to Braunston Marine on the 21st

- Organize a man with a van for the 21st to load up our stuff here and be at Braunston Marine just as the boat is going into the water

- Organize our helmsman course for the 23rd

That's about it I think......

OHHH - and still trying to convince Dave to quite smoking!!!

OHHHHHH - and need to make sure there is easy access to some champagne glasses on the 21st as well clapping.gif

BTW - that's the 21st of Jan., not December......I'm not a mircale worker you know blush.png

Don't forget to get your mail intercepted by BT and sent to the forwarding address.

And don't assume that because you have asked and paid BT to intercept, that they will, because I have just had an email from British Gas telling me that they are sending the Dept collectors to me.

It's the first time I knew I owed them any money. I presume that there is a pile of mail at my last address waiting for me to pick up!

Thanks BT!! frusty.gif

Anyway, congratulations and enjoy and I hope all your dreams come true!

Nipper

Edited by nipper

Don't forget to get your mail intercepted by BT and sent to the forwarding address.

And don't assume that because you have asked and paid BT to intercept, that they will, because I have just had an email from British Gas telling me that they are sending the Dept collectors to me.

It's the first time I knew I owed them any money. I presume that there is a pile of mail at my last address waiting for me to pick up!

Thanks BT!! frusty.gif

Anyway, congratulations and enjoy and I hope all your dreams come true!

Nipper

Nipper, Pedant Alert!

The Post Office Royal Mail and Post Office Telephones went their seperate ways in 1981, when British Telecommunications PLC came into being.

I don't think BT have the ability or desire to divert letters. smile.png Actually I know cos I used to work for them.

Bettie, you and Dave now have to start thinking "Canal Time". i.e. 4mph.

Edited by Ray T

There is your mistake, you should have told the Post Office. wink.png

Nipper, Pedant Alert!

The Post Office Royal Mail and Post Office Telephones went their seperate ways in 1981, when British Telecommunications PLC came into being.

I don't think BT have the ability or desire to divert letters. smile.png Actually I know cos I used to work for them.

Bettie, you and Dave now have to start thinking "Canal Time". i.e. 4mph.

Yes, I have amended that post, for which I dually apologise!

But, I am of an age when, I believe, one is allowed a certain amount of Muppetry now and then!!

Thanks Ray and Bottle

Nipper

Edited by nipper

Yes, I have amended that post, for which I dually apologise!

Once is enough! wink.png

But, I am of an age when, I believe, one is allowed a certain amount of Muppetry now and then!!

Meep?

ETA I wish quoting worked better on my tablet!

Edited by Beaker

I think you will find that Tuckeys will do all of the planning from water to water.

They have their own crane.

Good luck, I think the canals are going to freeze over on the 20 January 2014.

Only joking biggrin.png I wish you well and a smooth transfer.

Tuckeys are arranging everything except the crane at Botnay Bay as the boatyard has it's own crane, I need to organize that with the boatyard I've been told...no biggy though have already spoken to them and shouldn't be an issue :)

Calm down, calm down!

Let's hope the weather remains fairly mild, you could be cruising the last week in January! smile.pngboat.gif

Calm?????? LOL - that's planned for the 22nd of Jan onward - till then it's full course ahead MANIC.....I kinda feel like the drummer from the Muppets right now hehehe

Don't forget to re-set your clock to "canal time" on the 21st .... there is no second hand and every hour has at least 120 minutes.

Whatever you do, don't start a "list" of things to do.

Best of luck!!!

You have no idea just how much I'm looking forward to the new "canal time" - still debating if we're even going to have a clock on board or not :)

Too late for the "no list", I've got stuff planned that will keep Dave well challanged and entertained for the next few months construction.gif

Thanks for all the best wishes everyone, now when saying your nightly prayers, if everyone could please add in a little request for a very mild January and early Feb that would be grand

B~

Calm?????? LOL - that's planned for the 22nd of Jan onward - till then it's full course ahead MANIC.....I kinda feel like the drummer from the Muppets right now hehehe

Ah, that would be my mate, Animal:

Animal..jpg