Reporting over stayers!

Davids

Featured Posts

Except in the way he actually spoke to the boater of course (which anwsers my earlier point) it sounded perfectly reasonable to me.

and knowing where he is there are known anti social behaviour problems in that area (I've been on the receiving end of a very angry resident in the same place, I know he's not making this up). Anyway, ring CRT ask for Stacey Fiddis/Sorwar Ahmed. AND put it in writing.

Did you bother to read my reply to DH when he flagged this up?

It was the wrong link!

No I went out for 2 hours laugh.png and replied without reading through all the posted whilst I was out.

I wasn't quite sure about the point you were trying to make though. My point was when you live in a housing community you have organisations you can complain to with regard to anti social behavior like housing association landlords, community police local council etc etc. I'm aware there are rules on noise etc but the OP's point was not knowing who to contact to enforce those rules.

Blimey - so much bitterness from the OP.

Go DeanS! clapping.gif

Firstly to the OP - how do you know it was a cup of diesel from the other side of the canal - who the heck puts diesel in a cup anyway? And then wastes it...

Secondly, regarding running his engine/gennie late at night, are you sure you approached him about it politely and tactfully or were you as wound up and full of exclamation marks as when you typed the title to this thread? If so I'm not all that surprised you got the reaction you did. How do you know he's not in difficulty? How do you know he's not bitterly cold with dimming lights and his batteries have let him down? How do you know anything about this person or his circumstances? You don't - you've just seen what you want to see: things that reinforce your resentment that he has stayed longer than (maybe) he ought to have done. Nothing winds up people who've got everything they need than seeing someone apparently get something for nothing.

I think you've started this thread to have a rant and get everyone on your side about it to make you feel your resentment is justified, No boater doesn't know how to contact CaRT - especially if you have a mooring and a license! If you can't live and let live, email CaRT and ask them to intervene. End of story.

Oh - and edited to add: Happy Christmas

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, here we have a classic instance of the Class Bully in action.

Pupil A (let's call him the OP), makes a perfectly valid point.

Others in the class make equally valid points that either support his point of view, or express opposing viewpoints.

There is a faction however, that seeks to pick apart Pupil A's argument in a totally destructive way, almost goading, to the point where Pupil A starts to defend himself more aggressively.

Enter Pupil B, the Class Bully. He ignores the OP's earlier postings, focusing on the later ones, and goes on the attack, saying something like 'Ooh! Look at him everybody, over-reacting like a girly swot.'

Recognise yourself?

Edited by homer2911
  • Greenie 2

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, here we have a classic instance of the Class Bully in action.

Pupil A (let's call him the OP), makes a perfectly valid point.

Others in the class make equally valid points that either support his point of view, or express opposing viewpoints.

There is a faction however, that seeks to pick apart Pupil A's argument in a totally destructive way, almost goading, to the point where Pupil A starts to defend himself more aggressively.

Enter Pupil B, the Class Bully. He ignores the OP's earlier postings, focusing on the later ones, and goes on the attack, saying something like 'Ooh! Look at him everybody, over-reacting like a girly swot.'

Recognise yourself?

...where does Pupil C, the smart arse, fit in?

I've just returned from seeing Gravity in 3D.....very cool.....and thought I would set the record straight. My post was completely tongue in cheek...LOL. For those who thought I was seriously considering being Christmassy towards this uncaring boater.......sorry to disappoint :)

but in the spirit of Christmas....if you can help a fellow boater this Christmas, please do...many lonely people out there and a little bit of friendliness can make all the difference :)

• Greenie 1

...where does Pupil C, the smart arse, fit in?

He doesn't, all shun him accept pupil D "the smug onlooker" Pupil E however has a note from his mum excusing his partitcipation due to his veruca.

Edited by churchward

• 2 weeks later...

RANT WARNING. I am shocked by the amount of support for this noisy inconsiderate count. If I was a hard enough case, I would go and ram a potato up his exhaust then chuck his chainsaw into the cut. All that, of course, after I had interviewed him about his behaviour. Interviewed him until he could no longer stand up, let alone shout f-off at me. I am fairly sure that there would be no witnesses!

Why can't people just abide by the rules of the society they choose to live in? I too have been told to mind my own business, after poking my head out of my cabin at 0630 to ask some twot to stop his engine. He told me that, because he was there first, I had to put up with how he operated. He motored off at 0830! WHYYYYYYY!

Sadly he was much too big to thump.

END RANT

RANT WARNING. I am shocked by the amount of support for this noisy inconsiderate count. If I was a hard enough case, I would go and ram a potato up his exhaust then chuck his chainsaw into the cut. All that, of course, after I had interviewed him about his behaviour. Interviewed him until he could no longer stand up, let alone shout f-off at me. I am fairly sure that there would be no witnesses!

Why can't people just abide by the rules of the society they choose to live in? I too have been told to mind my own business, after poking my head out of my cabin at 0630 to ask some twot to stop his engine. He told me that, because he was there first, I had to put up with how he operated. He motored off at 0830! WHYYYYYYY!

Sadly he was much too big to thump.

END RANT

and which rules do you choose to live by then?

The society I live in has rules about criminal damage and violent attacks. Those rules carry harsher penalties than the rules for being too noisy do. And quite right too in my view.

I realise you're just having a rant but still...

The society I live in has rules about criminal damage and violent attacks. Those rules carry harsher penalties than the rules for being too noisy do. And quite right too in my view.

I realise you're just having a rant but still...

Clearly a rant, and no chance that he would have taken the action considered!

The concern is.... What can you do when someone blatantly breaks the rules, and tells you to, "mind your own business", when you ask if they will comply?

Reporting them is unlikely to achieve anything.... It might, but it's unlikely.

I suppose if CRT receive repeated complaints about a particular boat, they might write to them and ask them to desist?

Edited by Richard10002

Clearly a rant, and no chance that he would have taken the action considered!

The concern is.... What can you do when someone blatantly breaks the rules, and tells you to, "mind your own business", when you ask if they will comply?

Reporting them is unlikely to achieve anything.... It might, but it's unlikely.

I suppose if CRT receive repeated complaints about a particular boat, they might write to them and ask them to desist.... but if they can't control CC'ers, what chance with engine abusers, (or whatever you might call them?)?

And why exactly do CC'rs need controlling????

I have two (land-based) experiences doing this. Both involved months of back and forth communications ... ultimately with nothing being done. I found environmental health to be time-wasting, unwilling and useless (in that order). We had to move in both cases.

Sorry to be so cheerful.

Putting my EHO hard-hat on for a moment:

Council responses to noise nuisance vary from one council to another, so don't tar all with the same brush. Especially in the light of recent massive budget cuts for L.A.s which mean staff are often massively over stretched.

Also, sections 79/80 of the EPA relate only to 'premises' not boats, so it's tricky to take formal action. An officer may attempt an informal approach if they aren't drowning under a pile of more urgent cases but in practice, with cc'ing boats, the boat often moves on anyway, making the officer's actions somewhat pointless. The officer knows this so it's not surprising they often don't prioritise cases like this.

Much better to report to CaRT in this case.