Reporting over stayers!

Davids

Featured Posts

No.

But it would potentially validate some of the "dossers" reasons for his/her behavior.

How?

They shouldnt be doing what they are doing. It makes no difference if they are liveaboard, weekend boaters, one day a year boaters or any other type you can think of.

Not on private moorings. Normal towpath with 14 days.

Is Stacey Fiddis the patrol officer for where you are? I would CRT and ask to be put through to her. Also if you're experiencing anti social behaviour, then you should be sking to speak to Sorwar Ahmed too - this kind of thing is the reason he has his job. I agree, you should not have to put up with it.

Maybe it could show the op is not compliant in all the rules himself if he lives aboard on non residential moorings , just a thought as i dont know if his moorings are resi.

From his previous postings, I'm certain the moorings where he is are residential.

How?

They shouldnt be doing what they are doing. It makes no difference if they are liveaboard, weekend boaters, one day a year boaters or any other type you can think of.

Ok.

I'll just get back to the real world and let this one play itself out.

Perhaps he'd just drained his fuel filter into the cup before changing it.

More likely he is hot and thirsty from chopping wood after midnight and a combination of the darkness and sweat dripping off his brow blurs his vision and he mistakes the reddish colour of diesel for the purplish tint of every overstayer's favourite tipple.

He pours himself a cup to slake his thirst and, in a reflex action, spits the diesel out and throws the remainder overboard, as soon as he realises he's quaffed boat fuel instead of sippin' meths.

Edited by carlt

More likely he is hotand thirsty after chopping wood after midnight and a combination of the darkness and sweat dripping off his brow blurs his vision and he mistakes the reddish colour of diesel for the purplish tint of every overstayer's favourite tipple.

He pours himself a cup to slake his thirst and, in a reflex action, spits the diesel out and throws the remainder overboard, once he realises he's quaffed boat fuel instead of sippin' meths.

I can see how that could happen,been there, Meths don't tast like it use to !. Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Bitterness, really? Perhaps you should go back and read my post. Simply asked a simple question expecting a simple answer. What did I get? A few sensible answers from a few sensible people and then BANG this utter bollocks from you!

I know it was diesel as I saw it drop from the cup he was holding and then leave a beautiful rainbow slick which rapidly spread across the water.

Now then lets see how polite you consider this to be. "Excuse me mate, do you mind turning your engine off as it is half past ten at night?" - Me calling across the canal in a normal conversational tone of voice. To this he looked up and replied, "F*CK OFF" in a very loud f*ck you tone of voice. I did exactly as he suggested. I could not have been more polite.

Quite frankly the questions you posed as to his reasons for running his engine is no concern of mine or anyone elses for that matter. The law is the law and common decency is common decency. Neither of which have been adhered to or shown by the person I am referring to. The fact that he does this regularly is an indication that he does not give a damn about the rest of the people around him! Perhaps you should pull your head out of your backside before you run around making unfounded accusations at me. You are unaware of any of the circumstances involved with this issue, apart from your interpretation of my post, and therefore should keep your lips tightly zipped unless you have something constructive to say.

I do indeed know how to contact C&RT but was hoping for a direct line to a department dealing with these types of issues.

For what it is worth I have had a license and mooring permit for over 15 years!

Live and let live is something I am quite fond of practicing, however when that practice is not reciprocated the rules tend to change. I did not start this post to rant as you say, but merely to get an answer to my question.

To use your quote, "End of story"

If the above is how you deal with people or events that you dont like then i am not surprised you get told to F*** OFF .

• Greenie 1

If the above is how you deal with people or events that you dont like then i am not surprised you get told to F*** OFF .

Except in the way he actually spoke to the boater of course (which anwsers my earlier point) it sounded perfectly reasonable to me.

I do not know Pudding so cannot say whether I like her or not. Simply replied in the same tone and manner as she replied to me.

• Greenie 1

I am a bit confused your opening post comes over as a request for information the last few posts confirm you have been a residential boater for some 15 years and fully aware of the need to call CRT to raise the problem . Yet knowing this is the process you have not done so why is this?

Surely they will have to move soon,to empty the cassette or holding tank !. they might then move on !.

(I haven't learned to type sarcastically yet).

Given this boater's willingness to chuck diesel in the cut, he may not feel obliged travel to the elsan point to empty the bog.

Pure speculation.

MtB

Bitterness, really? Perhaps you should go back and read my post. Simply asked a simple question expecting a simple answer. What did I get? A few sensible answers from a few sensible people and then BANG this utter bollocks from you!

I know it was diesel as I saw it drop from the cup he was holding and then leave a beautiful rainbow slick which rapidly spread across the water.

Now then lets see how polite you consider this to be. "Excuse me mate, do you mind turning your engine off as it is half past ten at night?" - Me calling across the canal in a normal conversational tone of voice. To this he looked up and replied, "F*CK OFF" in a very loud f*ck you tone of voice. I did exactly as he suggested. I could not have been more polite.

Quite frankly the questions you posed as to his reasons for running his engine is no concern of mine or anyone elses for that matter. The law is the law and common decency is common decency. Neither of which have been adhered to or shown by the person I am referring to. The fact that he does this regularly is an indication that he does not give a damn about the rest of the people around him! Perhaps you should pull your head out of your backside before you run around making unfounded accusations at me. You are unaware of any of the circumstances involved with this issue, apart from your interpretation of my post, and therefore should keep your lips tightly zipped unless you have something constructive to say.

I do indeed know how to contact C&RT but was hoping for a direct line to a department dealing with these types of issues.

For what it is worth I have had a license and mooring permit for over 15 years!

Live and let live is something I am quite fond of practicing, however when that practice is not reciprocated the rules tend to change. I did not start this post to rant as you say, but merely to get an answer to my question.

For what it's worth Davids, we here are completely in agreement with you. Try calling 0303 040 4040 it's the head office.

Great answer!

Greenie to you.

Bob

I am a bit confused your opening post comes over as a request for information the last few posts confirm you have been a residential boater for some 15 years and fully aware of the need to call CRT to raise the problem . Yet knowing this is the process you have not done so why is this?

I think the 5th para of post # 64 explains that.

Paradox Alert

Why take a pop at the OP's post suggesting he made assumptions by making new own asumptions about the OP's motives, truth telling, version of events and them compounding it by making further assumptions that the polluter is somehow a paragan of virtue and a poor innocent?

Sometimes you have to take postings at face value unless you know different. If chummy gets a visit, he can state his case.

No offence to anyone.

Edited by mark99

For what it's worth Davids, we here are completely in agreement with you. Try calling 0303 040 4040 it's the head office.

And ask for the enforcement officer for the moorings. They're usually very helpful

Richard