Festive leftovers .... already!

HappyBunny

Featured Posts

Ok ... so I had my first of many (hopefully) christmas dinners yesterday .... turkey, gammon and all the proverbial trimmings .... with my son, and came back to the boat with a large bunny-bag of leftovers smile.png I usually get a few offers as people think, quite rightly, that I am a sad, lonely, feckless rabbit with limited culinary abilities, freezing to death on my boat who needs feeding up

have just done the obligatory turkey sandwich, with lashings of mayo wub.png and thinking i should use the rest up pretty darn quick due to this mild weather and having the fridge off at the moment.

Just wondering if anyone has any new / different / special recipes for christmas leftovers apart from the usual curry/soup/pie recipes?

How about turning the fridge back ON again? Excellent method of avoiding food poisoning.

Full of Good Ideas, moi biggrin.png

MtB

not enough sunshine ... and don't like running engine for hours just to keep my usual pint of milk, smear of hellmans and a jar with two black olives in cold ... especially at the moment as it appears to be jumping around more than an e-coli bacteria in a blender .....

and winter time means no quantity of food hangs around long enough for bacteria to even start a chat-up line normally, let alone breed, as I have to follow my "pork pie and toffee" (*) crisp diet religiously from october till march to keep enough weight on to stay warm

* you eat as normal, and wedge a pork pie and/or a toffee crisp down as often as possible in between smile.png

not enough sunshine ... and don't like running engine for hours just to keep my usual pint of milk, smear of hellmans and a jar with two black olives in cold ... especially at the moment as it appears to be jumping around more than an e-coli bacteria in a blender .....

and winter time means no quantity of food hangs around long enough for bacteria to even start a chat-up line normally, let alone breed, as I have to follow my "pork pie and toffee" (*) crisp diet religiously from october till march to keep enough weight on to stay warm

* you eat as normal, and wedge a pork pie and/or a toffee crisp down as often as possible in between smile.png

Hmmmm I see.

The answer is equally obvious to me. Eat nothing but the leftovers until they are all gorn, only then should you revert to the 'pork pie and toffee krisp' diet.

I thought you had a gas frij...

:D

MtB

small chucks of gammon, mustard seed mash, par boiled cabbage, season with a pinch of ground mace or cloves and fresh ground S&P - mix well together - form into patties - coat with egg wash & flour - fry in a little olive oil until nicely browned on both sides. Serve with beetroot salad.

Makes a lovely, quick and simple lunch :)

B~

• Greenie 1

Ok ... so I had my first of many (hopefully) christmas dinners yesterday .... turkey, gammon and all the proverbial trimmings .... with my son, and came back to the boat with a large bunny-bag of leftovers smile.png I usually get a few offers as people think, quite rightly, that I am a sad, lonely, feckless rabbit with limited culinary abilities, freezing to death on my boat who needs feeding up

have just done the obligatory turkey sandwich, with lashings of mayo wub.png and thinking i should use the rest up pretty darn quick due to this mild weather and having the fridge off at the moment.

Just wondering if anyone has any new / different / special recipes for christmas leftovers apart from the usual curry/soup/pie recipes?

Invite friends round and feed them your left overs. Then they will invite you for a meal which will save you buying/cooking your own. Could get a free feed for a week on that basis

Sorry I can't help, turkey is THE DEVIL's FOOD

Now, lamb left overs is a different story........

there is a part of me that agrees ....

Eat nothing but the leftovers until they are all gorn, .

MtB

yes ... but i was after some variations on a theme ....

small chucks of gammon, mustard seed mash, par boiled cabbage, season with a pinch of ground mace or cloves and fresh ground S&P - mix well together - form into patties - coat with egg wash & flour - fry in a little olive oil until nicely browned on both sides. Serve with beetroot salad.

Makes a lovely, quick and simple lunch smile.png

B~

just did these for my supper .... and they were luvverly .... thankyou cheers.gif

Makes a lovely, quick and simple lunch smile.png

B~

Bloody hell, I wonder what your idea of a complicated recipe is!

MtB

Bloody hell, I wonder what your idea of a complicated recipe is!

biggrin.png

MtB

LOL

Mike, you can't get much simpler that that, it's only 3 items and some seasoning :)

mind you, I still don't always get my homemade cinnamon meringues right and that's about the same amount of ingredients frusty.gif

B~

LOL

Mike, you can't get much simpler that that, it's only 3 items and some seasoning smile.png

mind you, I still don't always get my homemade cinnamon meringues right and that's about the same amount of ingredients frusty.gif

B~

Exactly. WELLCOMPLICATED!

Ingredient list:

small chucks of gammon

mustard seed mash (spuds, butter, mustard seeds?)

Cabbage

Pinch of ground mace or cloves

Fresh ground S&P

Egg for egg wash

Flour

Olive oil

Beetroot salad

11 items, minimum! QED.

MtB

Damn, forgot to make my main point, Gurls can't count!

Ingredient list:

small chucks of gammon

mustard seed mash (spuds, butter, mustard seeds?)

Cabbage

Fresh ground S&P

Egg for egg wash

Flour

Olive oil

Beetroot salad

11 items, minimum! QED.

biggrin.png

MtB

squish them all together and it adds to three.

Ingredient list:

small chucks of gammon

mustard seed mash (spuds, butter, mustard seeds?) spuds, butter, cream, whole grain mustard

Cabbage

Fresh ground S&P

Egg for egg wash

Flour

Olive oil

Beetroot salad

11 items, minimum! QED.

biggrin.png

MtB

LOL - I wasn't counting the seasonings and other bits & bobs one would have lurking around

squish them all together and it adds to three.

See Mike - nothing wrong with my addition at all....you were just looking at it from the wrong perspective tongue.png

just did these for my supper .... and they were luvverly .... thankyou cheers.gif

Glad you enjoyed it clapping.gif

When I have left over gammon, I will also add it to a Potato Scallop as well - yummy :) ....... this one might be better suited for ppl with phobia's of recipes with numerous ingredients.....regarless how you look at it....only 8 ingredients (including seasonings) icecream.gif

LOL - I wasn't counting the seasonings and other bits & bobs one would have lurking around

See Mike - nothing wrong with my addition at all....you were just looking at it from the wrong perspective tongue.png

Glad you enjoyed it clapping.gif

When I have left over gammon, I will also add it to a Potato Scallop as well - yummy smile.png ....... this one might be better suited for ppl with phobia's of recipes with numerous ingredients.....regarless how you look at it....only 8 ingredients (including seasonings) icecream.gif

GURLS are welltrubbly. I have plenty of 'bits and bobs' in my kitchen too but I never have all the clutter most recipes seem to demand.

I just had Waitrose pork escallops for tee. I made my own MASH with raw king edwards spuds and tesco value butter, and had frozen petis pois from ADSA with them STURFED now!

I should of tekken a foto and posted it. You'd of bin WELLIMPRESSED!

MtB

Did I mention the wine???

P.S. I peeeeled and coooked the raw spuds before mashin' thems, by the way. I'm klevar like that...

GURLS are welltrubbly. I have plenty of 'bits and bobs' in my kitchen too but I never have all the clutter most recipes seem to demand.

I just had Waitrose pork escallops for tee. I made my own MASH with raw king edwards spuds and tesco value butter, and had frozen petis pois from ADSA with them STURFED now!

I should of tekken a foto and posted it. You'd of bin WELLIMPRESSED!

MtB

Did I mention the wine???P.S. I peeeeled and coooked the raw spuds before mashin' thems, by the way. I'm klevar like that...

Did you got a potato ricer yet?

Can't make prefer mash without.

You is well posh shopping in Waitrose, you must be millionaire!