vexatious. .....

Featured Posts

So am I right in saying that, basically, there was a thread that got locked, so someone started a new thread about the thread that got locked and now that one has also been locked, someone has started this one about that one?

Anyone want to have a bet with me on how this thread will end up?

Edited by junior

So am I right in saying that, basically, there was a thread that got locked, so someone started a new thread about the thread that got locked and now that one has also been locked, someone has started this one about that one?

Anyone want to have a bet with me on how this thread will end up?

Locked possibly.

This thread though is not about the other thread being locked BTW. If the other one hadn't been I would have just posted my thoughts on that one.

From a quick skim it seems that someone has a bone to pick with CaRT (rightly or wrongly) related to a court case and the forum is ending up serving as a platform in some way...

Might it be better if they started a blog on the web and linked to it from a forum post? Would make life much easier for Dan as any possible future legal implications won't impact on the forum.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Pete - You have it one in my view. Stick it on a blog, anyone can respond (comment) on the blog and the mods could, if they wished create a one post thread (locked) with a link to that blog. This forum is, IMHO, being used, as you point out, as a platform to publicise the views of a few. It puts too much pressure on Daniel (and the mods) who give their time to moderate free of charge. I'll see if I can give you a greenie.

For someone that thinks

Agreed, if I was a mod on here I would have removed the thread purely on the basis it was just so bloody boring..

and

Feel free to find it interesting......if it gets put back up...

is it not a bit strange that the same person not only posts probably 20% of the posts on the subsequent thread and then starts a new thread when the last one gets locked........

Guess that sums it up pretty well. And so it goes on and on.................no where did I read that before.

It may do - however my context in using the term is different. My reference was to a very very small group of people who seemed to delight in making a nuisance of themselves. I guess there was less than a handful I came across in my whole career. That is different from a larger collective which is what I take your post as referring to.

It was rare but ultimately we had the ability within our complaints procedure to disengage with them and cease responding in any way. I don't know if CRT are able to invoke the same.

sounds like a nursing manager of the stafford health service!

Does anyone here have anything to discuss to do with boats or boating?

MtB

OK. I'm just about to buy 4 six volt batteries (retiring my 10 year old ones) and I have no reason to believe cheaper 12 volts are better. Considering sandblasting and blacking my base plate in the Spring - though I know the general consensus of that on here! After fitting a pram hood, my Webasto Thermo 90 is getting starved of air and is suffering from poor combustion - can't fit cheap plastic induction hose as it's near the exhaust and natural atmospheric pressure is not 'getting in'. Steel flexi is not 'flexi' enough...

Also, my 'top mounted' 30 Cal Browning keeps suffering from belt jams!!?? Any ideas.... :P

sounds like a nursing manager of the stafford health service!

Not at all. We did used to have complaints that were investigated were fault was found and appropriate action taken. Your post implies we did not find fault in any or many cases which is not true.

I don't have the stats to hand any more to give you a percentage where no problems at all were found but it was unusual to unearth something in a complaint investigation that didn't require improving or changing as a result of a patient or relative complaint. In addition some times formal disciplinary action for staff involved followed.

If you read my post properly you will see I am referring to a very small group of individuals possibly 5 or 6 over 33 years who had complaints investigated but remained dissatisfied despite our best efforts and they kept coming back with a different issue for us to investigate sometimes multiple times..This is set against the background of a much bigger number of complaints over the years.

They tied up peoples time and one cost us significant amounts of public money in legal fees (sound familiar?)

Vexatious complainants or vexatious litigants are a well know and well understood phenomena (google it) and dealing with them distracts people from doing their proper job potential affecting the service to others.

Stafford was a Trust wide systemic failure were complaints weren't listened to and where poor standards were routinely accepted and treated as normal and I certainly did not preside over anything like such a monumental failure, so your assertion is wholly incorrect I'm afraid.

who had complaints investigated but remained dissatisfied despite our best efforts

In my opinion there is a growing culture of complaints/court cases being "wrong" unless they produce the result the individual wants.

How often do you see somebody interviewed after a court case they have lost and they are still adamant they are right and the person who has been cleared "did it" (what ever the it might have been).

People are becoming less prepared to accept they can be wrong resulting in vexatious claims of all kinds.

Dan ought to consider the vexatious constant complaints against Nigel and Allen on here by a couple of posters , was it the mods who first took exception to the threads by Nigel or did others put in complaints after they became overly concerned.

Perhaps a dictionary would help

The concept of a vexatious litigant concerns an individual who despite repeatedly finding that the courts rule against him, repeatedly seeks to bring the same (or substantially similar) issues before a court, sometimes dressed up differently) in the hope of getting a better answer next time. The courts repeatedly turn them away as having no arguable case

This is regarded as an abuse of process, because it implies that decisions given in court are based not on a considered view of the facts, but on a whim, and that if you try often enough the dice will fall your way.

In the case of complaints about Nigel and Allen, the analogy falls down.

A complaint was brought before the Moderators, and they found that there WAS a case to answer. It may be that in due course, the final judgement is that it isn't a problem, but that doesn't make the complaints vexatious.

Did you or did you not once put forth a view that Allen or people like him who question the actions of BW / CART in a persistant manner to have the true facts revealed be regarded as vexatious , did you put forward a view that BW / CART should refuse to have contact with people like Allen and so avoid having the truth told , and were you wrong while Allen was right in the matters he was writing about at the time.

Did you or did you not once put forth a view that Allen or people like him who question the actions of BW / CART in a persistant manner to have the true facts revealed be regarded as vexatious , did you put forward a view that BW / CART should refuse to have contact with people like Allen and so avoid having the truth told , and were you wrong while Allen was right in the matters he was writing about at the time.

I have indeed advanced the opinion that Allan wastes a vast amount of CRT money by persistent POI requests to CRT. I have advanced the opinion that he persists in seeking more and more information in the futile hope that it might turn up something that supports the story that he has already written. I have advanced the opinion that he seems to feel that he is an investigative journalist, when he is simply writing in a blog.

So far as I am aware, none of the FOI requests have ever turned up the smoking gun that he sought, they have cost money to process, and haven't contributed to "having the truth told" in any way whatsoever (NMW is about telling a story that appeals to its readers, not telling the truth)

Hey you two! If you are going to talk about me, at least spell my name correctly.

..... and gaggle is quite correct!

Some might find that easier to believe if you gave the example, as Dave clearly can't remember.....

Some might find that easier to believe if you gave the example, as Dave clearly can't remember.....

the beauty of conspiracy theories is that no matter what the evidence actually shows, you can claim that it supports your case.

If it actually supports you, that's easy.

If it doesn't actually support you, then it PROVES that there is a conspiracy to hide the truth doesn't it.

I have indeed advanced the opinion that Allan wastes a vast amount of CRT money by persistent POI requests to CRT. I have advanced the opinion that he persists in seeking more and more information in the futile hope that it might turn up something that supports the story that he has already written. I have advanced the opinion that he seems to feel that he is an investigative journalist, when he is simply writing in a blog.

So far as I am aware, none of the FOI requests have ever turned up the smoking gun that he sought, they have cost money to process, and haven't contributed to "having the truth told" in any way whatsoever (NMW is about telling a story that appeals to its readers, not telling the truth)

So you say , just as well the the instance we are talking about was when Allan was posting the stuff on here and your complaining "again" was on here.