Have you checked on your boat recently.?

DeanS

Featured Posts

With the diodes, either pump could be powered by either battery, allowing for one pump and one battery to fail. I'm not sure how to do that without the diodes.

each pump has two power sources, each pump connected to L and N from both batteries yes in the unlikely event of one battery being flat it would take charge from the other but only when the pump kicked in. This scenario is an even more unlikely event

Phil

each pump has two power sources, each pump connected to L and N from both batteries yes in the unlikely event of one battery being flat it would take charge from the other but only when the pump kicked in. This scenario is an even more unlikely event

Phil

Boats do sink because bilge pumps fail and batteries go flat. I'm not suggesting everyone does this, but for anyone who leaves their boat unattended for long periods, installing a second bilge pump and four diodes could be very worthwhile.

Chances are it is, as I have an automatic bilge pump and solar panels although I appreciate other things can go wrong.

I once had a separate float switch connected to the bilge pump. The float switch failed in the 'on' position, and I came back to a boat with a flat battery and rather a lot of bilge water!

Phil

This is just connecting all the batteries together in parallel. Both battery banks will lose their charge together, and worse, the bilge pump wires will catch fire when the engine starter is used!

MtB

P.S. Never a truer word than in your sig! ;)

This is just connecting all the batteries together in parallel. Both battery banks will lose their charge together, and worse, the bilge pump wires will catch fire when the engine starter is used!

MtB

P.S. Never a truer word than in your sig! ;)

Thank you Mike, true genious is so rarely recognised.LOL

Phil