January Licence renewal notification not arrived yet

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Are other people still waiting for their January licence renewal notification to arrive from CaRT, or have they just fogotten me? It usually arrives around the third week in November, but I am still waiting,

Edited by David Schweizer

I know some will defend the licensing system to the hilt, but.....

We had a gold licence this year, but want to revert to a standard for the coming year. The Gold renewal came mid november. Went online but it was not possible to renew using this, so phoned up.

Told as the terms and conditions were different, I should cross out Gold on the form and send it in, altering anything that was incorrect! This I have done, but the system seems archaic. Why oh why was it not possible to do this online?

They are processing them now i got confirmation that my new licence will be with me next week

Mine arrived last Thursday.

They have clearly forgotten me,

Give them a ring...always found them to be very helpful....I needed to get my licence sent early as we were going to be boating when it was due and it was all sorted easily when I explained it to them.

Cheers

Gareth

Yes. That was my plan, but I thought I would check whether others had received their notification yet.

What concerns me is that if they go over to a fully automated system as the DVLA are doing, how much faith can we have in them recording prompt payment, if they cannot even get a letter in the post. I agree that the office staff have always been helpful in the past, but they do seem to find even the simplest of tasks a challenge. Two years ago they decided, without any consultation, to change the location of my mooring on the renewal form, it took three phone calls and two letters to get it corrected,

Edited by David Schweizer

Just phoned CaRT, apparently a letter was sent on 17th November!!! why does the post from some organizations seem to get lost? it's not the first time,

Anyway they are going to send me another copy, and they have given me the renewal number so that I can risk attempt renewing on line, have other people found this to work without any problems?

, and they have given me the renewal number so that I can risk attempt renewing on line, have other people found this to work without any problems?

I've always renewed online and never had a problem with it. Just wish they'd do the same for mooring permits. Edited by Arthur Marshall

I have just remembered that several years ago I didn't get a renewal….when I phoned to check I was told I had sold my boat……This was news to me as i was sitting on it at the time!

I agree that getting rid of the paper discs may not be the best way forward for boats and cars…..

Cheers

Gareth

Perhaps you've upset your postman, or he's just lazy, and is dumping some of the mail rather than delivering it.

We occasionally get other people's mail pushed through our door and our neighbours sometimes get our mail through theirs. It must happen 3 or 4 times per year.

If it hasn't been sorted correctly and the postie is too lazy to double check they are pushing it through the correct door it will always happen. You are then reliant on the person who's door it has gone through in error to bring it to you.

We occasionally get other people's mail pushed through our door and our neighbours sometimes get our mail through theirs. It must happen 3 or 4 times per year.

I seem to remember (quite prepared for the more knowledgeable to correct me) that by law they must deliver it to the address on the envelope. So if a firm make a mistake and put number 5 instead of 6 it has to go to 5. I think the argument is you can't guarantee that J Smith isn't visiting next door to Mr J Smith in number 5.

Most of our misdirected mail (and it is much more than 3 or 4 a year) is due to it having our house number on it.

I seem to remember (quite prepared for the more knowledgeable to correct me) that by law they must deliver it to the address on the envelope. So if a firm make a mistake and put number 5 instead of 6 it has to go to 5. I think the argument is you can't guarantee that J Smith isn't visiting next door to Mr J Smith in number 5.

Most of our misdirected mail (and it is much more than 3 or 4 a year) is due to it having our house number on it.

The ones we get are the usually same house number but one of the other roads on our smallish estate, though last weeks was next doors mail.

I always grab the postie (not literally) to get him to put it through the correct door or if I miss them do it myself.

It may very well be the law but I'm not sure everybody would necessarily know that and even if they did I'm not sure everybody would adhere to it

Mine arrived about two weeks ago.

Just mulling over whether to get a Gold licence instead of a CRT one. The additional cost for a Gold Licence is £348.80...!

MtB

Mine arrived last week and never had a problem renewing on line.

We had a Gold license for the first two years we were on the K&A but it never worked out cheaper than just buying what we needed would have done.

Two days to Oxford and a single day Thames license covers that. Same to the Wey so unless you are going to spend a lot of time on the Thames or another EA waterway it's probably not worth it.

Ken

Mine arrived last week and never had a problem renewing on line.

We had a Gold license for the first two years we were on the K&A but it never worked out cheaper than just buying what we needed would have done.

Two days to Oxford and a single day Thames license covers that. Same to the Wey so unless you are going to spend a lot of time on the Thames or another EA waterway it's probably not worth it.

Ken

Yes thanks, I've more or less concluded the same.

One day visitor licence is £44.50 and a week is £69.50. I can buy five one week licences and still be no worse off. Decision made!

MtB

Right, licence renewed.

Interesting thing is the on screen form demands an insurance expiry date but mine expires on 30 Dec 2013, the day before the new licence begins. So I put this date on the web form expecting to get rejected but it was happy to accept this!

MtB

Right, licence renewed.

Interesting thing is the on screen form demands an insurance expiry date but mine expires on 30 Dec 2013, the day before the new licence begins. So I put this date on the web form expecting to get rejected but it was happy to accept this!

MtB

Same non-problem here -- my insurance expires on 3 January every year, so the licence renewal always shows a policy that is very nearly a year out of date. This year I've updated the insurance details on line and not paid the licence fee just yet, but I don't think it matters anyway.