Seafood Lasagne

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Just a little something I rustled up last night from a few bits and bobs in the fridge and freezer. We have so much lovely meat from the butchers and various farms in the house at the moment but we fancied something a little bit different last night.

So this is super simple.

Make a simple white sauce with melted butter, flour and milk, then add grated cheese and stir until thickened and the cheese is melted.

In a seperate pan fry an onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and mixed seafood, we used king prawns, mussel meat and squid. When cooked through add some of your cheese sauce. Mix well then layer in a dish with lasagne sheets. Top with more of your cheese sauce and grated cheese. For this we used a reduced fat mature cheddar. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

Here's ours served with a simple dressed rocket salad and garlic bread.

1454736_664165366969441_1793136953_n.jpg

Very nice, and I absolutely love a lasagne but we don't cook them on the boat as Jenny allergic to cheese (and shellfish) - 3 day migraine follows. So I resolve to eat them if on offer at a restaurant. But every now and then I am left alone while she visiting family or friend so something like this might ease the pain of her being away .... Can't wait to send her packing :)