Bio Ethenol Fuel

tafelberg

Featured Posts

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1-liter-stainless-steel-burner-bio-ethanol/dp/B0062OJDQ0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh_4

So here's the thing, I've been looking at something like this to put inside my dead stove in the boatman's cabin.

These things do not need a flu or anything like that (but I would imagine need ventilation) hence taking the glass out of said stove and putting some metal gauze in instead would be the order of the day.

Anyone any ideas why this would not work?

You may also have trouble with the BSS. It would probably come under the same rules as petrol stoves, as the fuel has a similar flash point and volatility.

The fuel's also about 2 1/2 times the cost of petrol or diesel, with about 2/3rds of the heat capability. If you don't have a flue, it'll also be putting about half a litre of water into the air per litre of fuel.

You'd be better off using a paraffin heater, unless it's purely for decorative purposes. Incidentally, B&Q sell the same unit and the fuel to go with it, and they look 'orribly flimsy.

Bye!

John.