OW!

Chris Lingwood

Featured Posts

Yup...fell in :closedeyes: not in the normal albeit embarrassing unpainful way. No no! I decided that I would slip while taking the gas tank off the boat. Managed to generally bash and scrape the skin off right left leg as it plummeted to its watery doom AND land on my left knee and groin on the jetty.

Its a good job the tank wasn't full!

I can't really walk now :mellow: AND I've got a wet foot!

Yup...fell in :closedeyes: not in the normal albeit embarrassing unpainful way. No no! I decided that I would slip while taking the gas tank off the boat. Managed to generally bash and scrape the skin off right left leg as it plummeted to its watery doom AND land on my left knee and groin on the jetty.

Chris

Sorry to hear this its so easily done, dents the old pride as well as the flesh!

Charles

Look on the good side...at least you didn't have a bucket and chuckit in your hands ... ( Like one of my ex wives did once !!!!!.. I had to hose her down on the towpath before I would let her in the boat !

Chris B

(Now with a pump out ! )

Did you slip on the boat or the pontoon? Our wooden pontoons are trecherous when wet & I've slipped a couple of times and fallen once (but not into the canal). BW have given us grit containers for use in the ice. It's a brand new marina & I'm sure the manufacturerers could have come up with a better non-slip surface.

:closedeyes:

Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

(Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one)

So much truth in that Moley !!

:mellow::D:D

Mind you I suppose when I saw the state she was in , bursting into fits of laughter was probably NOT the correct thing to do at the time....opps

What a mess!

- It is amazing how much slippyer the world gets with a light sprinking of water tho! ( assmue, as you in england, it was raining? )

I fell of my bike a few days ago when just going about my normal every run. Only that day it had rained, and on the smooth-troweled cement, i just slid sideways round the corner into the wall at about 20mph! DOH!

Daniel

Condolences.

I really dread the first time this happens to me (and I know it will); 12 feet of water under the boat at my mooring.

John

The purveyor of my downfall was some green slime which had decided to set up camp right next to my stern on the jetty. It met high pressure doom shortly afterwards. You'll be pleased to know that it still hurts! And I've grazed my "inner thigh" which is at the very least displeasing :closedeyes: I dread to think what it would feel like to land on a cleat!

I should sue the marina for allowing...green stuff.....yeah! And Daniel you should sue for someone being negligent enough to put a wall any where near some concrete. The audacity of some people never fails to amaze me!

*mutter mutter mutter...grumble grumble*

Daniel you should sue for someone being negligent enough to put a wall any where near some concrete. The audacity of some people never fails to amaze me!

Yeah, well im not sure about that, but certainly the bend near the liberay where there installing the new Combined-Heat-&-Power unit.

- Theres clay/mud all over the tarmac from the trenches, and its acctally slippy as anything! I deffonatly feel a law suit coming on!

Daniel

Ouch! My partner did much the same a few weeks back - the ensuing groin strain meant that I had to lock-wheel all down the GU (fume!)

I've been in twice but both times twenty years ago when I was working a hotel boat and butty, once when poling off a mud-flat from the roof and once for no good reason at all.

E.