Illness and Crisis

jodansgang

Featured Posts

My wife and our youngest son are ill. Not usually too much of a problem to have one or more members of the same family under the weather.

However.

Earlier this evening my son said "I feel sick" included in the same centance was the half pint or so of air bound stomach bile. All over mum/dads bed!(sofa)

Having cleaned that little mess up we layed the child down in his own bed, with a bucket.

Barf. Bedding ruined, including his brothers which was folded neatly at the bottom of the other ones bed.

Now what? No spare quilts. Certainly no spare mattresses! Bloody typical.

Any hoo. The purpose of the post is not really to highlight our current health issues but to ask you beautiful people if (unlike us sorry sods) you have any tips or experiences on plan b's when illness strikes. I mean our first aid kit is basic at best.

The irony is it is more cost effective to buy new quilts than wash and dry them at the laundry!

So sorry for the bug striking. I can only suggest using a biological washing powder mixed into a sort of paste and scrubbed into the affected areas. the enzymes will break down any smells and hopefully stop any damage to the mattress / duvets. Rinsing may be a problem but if you've got a large bucket or something? I do this if my dog is sick on the carpet....it eliminates any smells and stops rotting but not sure how well it will work on your stuff. Worth a try? Get well soon guys x

Sounds like Norovirus, same thing that has affected a number of cruise ships and hospitals. I'm no medic but I believe that it soon passes. Just make sure to be vigilant in hand washing and general hygiene, otHerwise it will spread to the remaining crew member!

Oh man I feel so useless. In 20 years of marriage my wife has never been ill and she's practically in tears she feels that unwell. My sons crying and he keeps saying sorry for being sick. I've never had to deal with this kind if thing before.

Edited by jodansgang

Oh man I feel so useless. In 20 years of marriage my wife has never been ill and she's practically in tears she feels that unwell. My sons crying and he keeps saying sorry for being sick. I've never had to deal with this kind if thing before.

If it's that bad I seriously doubt this is the best place to get advice.

Have you rung 111?

Not funny Beaker man I'm struggling here.

All the quilts and bedding are now in black bags on the towpath. I've had to cover my wife and son up with coats.

I'm sorry, i do sympathise, I think if it's as bad as you say, I'd consider calling an ambulance, bugger the taxi.

I really hope someone can help you out hun.....for now, I'd just grab anything, get everyone wrapped up in jumpers, fleeces whatever you can find and keep everyone hydrated with boiled water - dehydration can be a massive problem when your already sick :(

No Dog, just trying to rationalise this and I suppose make things better, like I want to stay in control so to speak. I've give the boy calpol but then he was sick, I've give him water, sick. Panic was starting to set in a bit but I think I am level now. Will give the situation another 30 min then see.

No Dog, just trying to rationalise this and I suppose make things better, like I want to stay in control so to speak. I've give the boy calpol but then he was sick, I've give him water, sick. Panic was starting to set in a bit but I think I am level now. Will give the situation another 30 min then see.

Sorry to be blunt but what has you being in control got to do with anything??

You seem to have time to fanny about posting on here and even then not take the most basic advice about what you should be doing...

Please, ring the ambulance NOW!

I see from your later posts that you are really quite concerned and so, incidentally, are most of the forum members watching this situation. I agree with the other posters, it's time to get some medical help.....just do it. It could be quite serious. You can sort out the bedding later.