I made a boo boo ?

Dottyshirl

Featured Posts

Ha ha ha are you fat as well tee hee ?Hey Bettie start your own thread, I'm trying to put things right here x

Disclosure: - Not meaning to upset you or any fink x

Not sure she (Bettie) is interested in anything other than digging herself into a bigger hole...

As someone whose natural inclination is to be in your face and insulting, I have learned a great deal from Alan, Catrin and the Moomins very directly and MtB and Starry at a greater distance as to how to behave and at my great age I have at last discovered the way forward. Thanks chaps and chapesses. However half wits don't push your luck smile.png

This may possibly be the first time in my life that I have been cited as a good influence on someone. :lol:

Unfortunately, I gave my last Greenie to Alan's post earlier on.

Nicely, Mrs. Boo! Greeno awarded.

Over here in the old country it's known as "counsel".

And you missed another Mr A, shouldn't that have been 'alluded'?

And of course anyone picking up posters on the spelling or grammar needs to be dead accurate in their own or ready and willing to have their own posts picked over is just the same manner!

:D

MtB

And you missed another Mr A, shouldn't that have been 'alluded'?

MtB

I thought I'd leave that one for you.

My spelling ability far exceeds my typing skill: so I might write 'em wrongly but I do know how to spell 'em in the first place!

This may possibly be the first time in my life that I have been cited as a good influence on someone. laugh.png

Unfortunately, I gave my last Greenie to Alan's post earlier on.

Bloody hell that is a shame never had a Greenie nor a warning, rather strangely. Perhaps I will try harder.

Edited by PaddingtonBear

And of course anyone picking up posters on the spelling or grammar needs to be dead accurate in their own or ready and willing to have their own posts picked over is just the same manner!

biggrin.png

MtB

<koff> smile.png

Bloody hell that is a shame never had a Greenie nor a warning, rather strangely. Perhaps I will try harder.

Oi! Watch it, mate!

Will that do?

So you will leave me to grovel now yeah, and you can be p****d on your own thread, not meaning any offence of course xxx

Shirl,

as I think you have appreciated by now, you just did a marvellous job of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

by and large, people were disposed to be sympathetic, but by mouthing off at the first person who disagreed with you, you turned the masses against you.

But to return to the point about licencing that was lost in the arguing....

It was unrealistic of you to expect a refund for the 9 day overlap between the two licences. There are no refunds on short term licences and long term licences run from the first of each month.

However, if you paid for a new licence whilst your existing short term licence was still valid (between 1/11 on 9/11), then I would agree that you have been hard done to.

The rule (as applied to new boats) is that provided you pay before the licence comes into force you get the discount. So if your new boat goes into the water on 10/11, and you pay on the 9th, you get the discount. This seems fair, in that you have not paid before the start of the month, but you have paid before you need a licence. In my view, if you already have a valid licence then provided that you pay for a new licence before that licence expires, it would be fair to give you the discount.

As you will have paid, I suggest that you take it through the complaints process. You will probably get a no at level 1, 50/50 chance of success at level 2 and 50/50 chance of success with the ombudsman.

Me and Bettie are "mates" and I thought we could call each other seeing as we are "mates" that is what learnt earlier in this thread, it was a point I would appreciate once I got to know people here better. I'm sure Bettie Boo will enlighten you herself ta ta grumps x

The rule (as applied to new boats) is that provided you pay before the licence comes into force you get the discount. So if your new boat goes into the water on 10/11, and you pay on the 9th, you get the discount. This seems fair, in that you have not paid before the start of the month, but you have paid before you need a licence. In my view, if you already have a valid licence then provided that you pay for a new licence before that licence expires, it would be fair to give you the discount.

Thank you x

Really Mr. Bear, have you no consideration? There may be Australians reading this thread, and those capable of understanding it may be offended.

Just got the Pommie idiot who lives down the road to explain that to me Athy,now I know you are all the same as him.Love the cameraderie on this site!