I made a boo boo ?

Dottyshirl

Featured Posts

Bought my boat, bought a months licence expiry 09.11.13 thinking I would take her off line for repair, any hoo applied for 12months licence to start 01.11.13. Cannot get any refund off CART for the nine days I have already paid, cannot get the early payment discount (I know it is after the 1st of the month but I have paid before start of the month so to speak) feeling a bit peeved having passed loads of boats with notices pasted on them..... Trying to do the right thing is not doing me any favours, I have lost nine days licence period and £100 early payment ...., so CART want paying twice for the first nine says of November AND will not give me the early payment discount even though I paid 14 days early for the period I am trying to cover .....

Edited by Dottyshirl

The lovely lady at Shobnall marina called them and got a resounding "no" on every point she made. She even wrote a letter to explain to enclose with the application so we will see....

Hi DS get in touch with Wolfie Smith of the Tooting Popular Front. Power to the Boaters!

It might be worth writing to them , though don't hold your breath on getting a reply. It took no less than five emails from me to get them to respond to a visitor mooring issue. I have sent them a diagram which clearly demonstrates the difference between an ar*e and an elbow. Good luck though.

Bought my boat, bought a months licence expiry 09.11.13 thinking I would take her off line for repair, any hoo applied for 12months licence to start 01.11.13. Cannot get any refund off CART for the nine days I have already paid, cannot get the early payment discount (I know it is after the 1st of the month but I have paid before start of the month so to speak) feeling a bit peeved having passed loads of boats with notices pasted on them..... Trying to do the right thing is not doing me any favours, I have lost nine days licence period and £100 early payment ...., so CART want paying twice for the first nine says of November AND will not give me the early payment discount even though I paid 14 days early for the period I am trying to cover .....

We lost a discount on a winter mooring permit.

I might actually chase this one up now.

We weren't initially allowed to apply as we were new and not eligible due to the amount of time we were licence holders, but we could apply after 01 Nov and if permits still were available we could apply for them. So we did and we were initially turned down on the 01 Nov.

On a complaint as to why no credible reason was given for being turned down, it transpired that we were actually entitled to apply, so we did and paid, but I'm thinking now we should also have been entitled to the discount originally offered.

Mmmmm I'll drop them a line.

Dottyshirl it is very good of you to make a substantial donation to the C&RT.

We would like to thank you on behalf of all boaters.

Seriously though a letter to customer services may help.

A bit late now but you should have winged it and asked for it to start on December 1st

Good luck.

One of the many problems that happens when an outfit is privatised. At least you complain to an MP.

Now CaRT can do what they blurry well like.

That said - perhaps in the bad old days - you could ring them up, chat them up and get some sort of resolution.

Bear in mind with the general attitude nowadays of blagging everything, these poor office folks get a lot of abuse. Be Kind.

What is the amount of loss you're all talking about (each)?

There's always the Waterways Ombudsman - does it exist in practice, if so threatening a paper trail might focus craft licencing's mind...

Have I missed something? Why do you think you should get a refund for 9 days and an early payment discount?

If you had bought a full annual licence when you first got the boat (presumably 10 October) you would have got a licence starting 1 October (so paid for 9 days you couldn't use) and no early payment discount. Why is that any different from your current position?

If having bought a one month licence, you had bought the annual licence before the end of October you would have got the early payment discount.

You missed being "nice" and "understanding" but then you probably cannot help being an obnoxious arse !!!!

As I think Carl said the other day, I do sometimes miss the option that used to exist to "dislike" postings, as well as to "like" them.

What on earth has David said to provoke this little outburst?

And his post wiped out any chance of me being a nicety.. I was not ever looking for sympathy .... Ha ha

Why tell us then?

I, like David, am puzzled by what you have told us. Because you changed your mind about taking your boat out of the water, you seem to think that CRT should give you a refund.

haggis

Oh come on peeps, all I ever said was I am buying a licence for nine days I already paid for on the months licence already purchased .... I accept there is no refund, I accept you can call me a whinger lol .... Peace and love 4ever xxxx