Vanette GG 2200/2200 Replacement

brum

Featured Posts

Hi

I need to replace a Vanette GG 2200/2200 cooker/hob. As I heard they are no longer in production.

Can anyone recommend a direct replacement as I would prefer not to change or knock about the built in kitchen that surrounds it.

Regards and Respect Brum

• 6 years later...

Not sure if my old stoves oven was a 2200 - it was the common white one popular about 15 years ago with a separate oven and grill.  I replaced with a thetford midi from Midland chandlers - it just slotted straight in.  

https://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/products/thetford-midi-prima-7200-oven-and-grill-n620

Have gone for a basic small hob - doesn't match but looks and works fine.   

Only issue was the ignition which is 240v rather than 12v. 

3 hours ago, Capella247 said:

Not sure if my old stoves oven was a 2200 - it was the common white one popular about 15 years ago with a separate oven and grill.  I replaced with a thetford midi from Midland chandlers - it just slotted straight in.  

https://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/products/thetford-midi-prima-7200-oven-and-grill-n620

Have gone for a basic small hob - doesn't match but looks and works fine.   

Only issue was the ignition which is 240v rather than 12v. 

But it looks like nother 24 quid will convert the ignition to 12 volts....

Can't find the perfect replacement. Even Midland Chandlers don't have one for the 2200, only for the 6600. Might end up with a new hob and get the oven refurbished. It's just a nice item in green with brass.Thanks for all your suggestions. Now start the search for parts. Main issue is with the grill. Fame goes off after a minute or so. After the 3rd attempt flame stays on but I can see some yellow flames coming out next to the stretch of blue flame. I think this is certainly not a good sign.

Edited by cutandpolished61

1 hour ago, cutandpolished61 said:

Main issue is with the grill. Fame goes off after a minute or so. After the 3rd attempt flame stays on but I can see some yellow flames coming out next to the stretch of blue flame. I think this is certainly not a good sign.

Have you taken the burner apart and given everything a good clean? That may be all it needs.

4 hours ago, cutandpolished61 said:

Can't find the perfect replacement. Even Midland Chandlers don't have one for the 2200, only for the 6600. Might end up with a new hob and get the oven refurbished. It's just a nice item in green with brass.Thanks for all your suggestions. Now start the search for parts. Main issue is with the grill. Fame goes off after a minute or so. After the 3rd attempt flame stays on but I can see some yellow flames coming out next to the stretch of blue flame. I think this is certainly not a good sign.

Get a couple of cans of Air Duster, compressed air, they cost peanuts. Blast the burners with them.

Fitted one of these on the barge in 2001 and to be honest the grill was never brilliant although the oven was very good. The jets do get blocked up by the grunge that comes out of the bottle especially propane. Your regulator may also be restricted.