Cracking boats!

Dave Payne

Featured Posts

Just spotted this on Ebay, really like the job they have done, plus the outside looks really nice, i even think the bow with its straight lines looks cool!

Link

It looks like somebody has stuck a chest freezer on top of a 6 year old's interpretation of a hull.

It is almost like somebody has stolen Gary Peacock's designs and decided they were too curvaceous (No offence Gary, if you ever lurk).

Just spotted this on Ebay, really like the job they have done, plus the outside looks really nice, i even think the bow with its straight lines looks cool!

And then this one, love the paddles!

Is electric shock treatment banned now?

I think they definitely ran out of money on that dutch style boat, there should be an outside steering position on the stern deck, with this style of boat that's really what it's for not for lounging about.

Calling it "Dutch style" may be considered offensive to the Dutch.

Y'see, I kinda feel there's something missing

Richard

The owner needs to get bidding on this and few sundry items me thinks....

The steerer will also need either very long arms and a periscope or a pair of stilts.....

'Tis an houseboat - - - it's not for steerin'

Gerrraway....

got all excited re the wheel link, got wheel saved on ebay, this one a bit too small

I'm trying to get a wheel with the rim but 60 cm plus dia from ebay sensible money but hard to find.

I've got a 60 cm wheel but without the rim just the spokes

love the paddle boat!!

Col

'Tis an houseboat - - - it's not for steerin'

Agree. all electric but no mention of genny, battery bank, inverter. Hated the doors, B&Q specials I suspect and the wheel house is all wrong though I thought I spotted a wheel on the stern deck. Why no picture of the saloon> Nice boat but...........

Phil

I've been on this boat in the 70's when it was a trip boat on the K&A. I even gave some money to keep it going!!

I worked on the Jane Austen in the late 1960s. Looked after the bar and Whitbread Tankard was two shillings for half a pint.

The skipper was the late Commander Wray-Bliss, he who canoed to London with a petition to the Queen to prevent the abandonment of the K & A.

Dave

I worked on the Jane Austen in the late 1960s. Looked after the bar and Whitbread Tankard was two shillings for half a pint.

The skipper was the late Commander Wray-Bliss, he who canoed to London with a petition to the Queen to prevent the abandonment of the K & A.

Dave

Is that the paddle one?

Is that the paddle one?

Ah yes, says so in the listing clapping.gif