P.R.O cast Nottingham

allan tryfan

Featured Posts

As anybody out there had any dealings with PRO Cast chandlery? If so what were your experiances and did you have any delays receiving your items?

I bought a chimney collar online last year from them, delivery was ok, can't remember who the couriers were though.

I have used them recently.

I purchased a brass porthole. I was told it would be made to special order and would take about 10 days. It duly arrived on time.

I then purchased a porthole liner, as by then I knew the exact dimensions required, this took about 7 weeks to arrive. I made many calls to their number to check on progress and was made various promises. Eventually the porthole liner arrived and I am very happy with it.

I think any delay problems are due to the fact that items are made to order.

Colin

I'm a happy customer, though stuff can take a while to be ready. They helpfully agreed we could collect (brass & glass is heavy!) but we were waiting for one item to be finished and we picked up no problem in the end, so partly us to blame. Always very helpful on the phone and also when Mrs B collected.

Hey! Thanks to Alan (the OP) for starting this thread.

The compay seem to be up for making castings from my own paterns.

Whoopeee.

We were invited to the foundry a long time ago but never made it unfortunately, if you ask politely you might get a chance to cast your own, or be present wink.png

We always used them at William Piper and they were absolutely fantastic. Not only was their items great quality, they were always so helpful. I do believe that the foundry shuts down for a couple of weeks a year, so you may have to time it right!

We use Light Alloys foundry in preference for cast goods. Lol there (the owner) is a rough diamond, but excellent castings and does from our own patterns too. Those places are like walking into a little bit of hell though! I do love the smell of foundries.

Edited by Ally

My first job when leaving school was an apprentice at Leyland Motors in Leyland of all places.

During the first few months we worked in various 'departments' to gain experience. One of them was the foundry/casting shop. I remember to this day the smell and the heat and the noise. Exciting.

The rest I didn't like so I left after a year or so.

Martyn