Tandoori sausages.

bizzard

Featured Posts

Now I'm not really a lover of the bloomin things but these are absolutely delicious.

1 pack of your favorite sausages, dead cheap value ones will do.

A packet of Tandoori mix

And a large pot of yogurt.

In a bowl mix the Tandoori mix with the yogurt thoroughly and then bung in the sausages and stir to mix and cover them. Pop the bowl into the fridge to marinate overnight or longer for more flavour.

Deep or shallow fry them. Can be done on a BBQ, Tasty.

What is 'tandoori mix'?

My fave sausages are ASDA Vegetarian Italian Style Sausages... Will it work with thems too?

Although I imagine "dead cheap value ones" don't contain any meat either lol!

MtB

You can buy packets of Tandoori spice powder at supermarkets. I mix a couple of packets with the yogurt for a good strong flavour. Any sausages will be fine for this marinade,

Tandoori masala is a mixture of spices specifically for use with a tandoor, or clay oven, in traditional north Indian, Pakistani and Afghan cooking. The specific spices vary somewhat from one region to another, but typically include garam masala, garlic, ginger, onion, cayenne pepper, and other spices and additives (e.g. lemon juice ...). The spices are often ground together with a pestle and mortar.

Tandoori masala is used extensively with dishes as tandoori chicken. In this dish, the chicken is covered with a mixture of plain yogurt and tandoori masala. The chicken is then roasted in the tandoor at very high heat. The chicken prepared in this fashion has a pink-colored exterior and a savory flavor.

As you all well know "tandoori" is the type of oven used. Tandoori mix is as above.

What a lovely recipe Bizzard. It will work well with meat or veg.

Now I'm not really a lover of the bloomin things but these are absolutely delicious.

1 pack of your favorite sausages, dead cheap value ones will do.

A packet of Tandoori mix

And a large pot of yogurt.

In a bowl mix the Tandoori mix with the yogurt thoroughly and then bung in the sausages and stir to mix and cover them. Pop the bowl into the fridge to marinate overnight or longer for more flavour.

Deep or shallow fry them. Can be done on a BBQ, Tasty.

Will try this on our Saturday night BBQ bizzard.Will go and buy a heap of $5 lkg.snaggers and soak them in the mix for a couple of days.If they like them it will save me a few dollars on steak,if they don't then the dog will be living well for a while and they will eat more steak.Might throw some garlic in as well.Will let you know if anyone dies, or likes them.

What is 'tandoori mix'?

My fave sausages are ASDA Vegetarian Italian Style Sausages... Will it work with thems too?

Although I imagine "dead cheap value ones" don't contain any meat either lol!

MtB

We have found the Tesco Med style meat free sausage to be especially nice.

Either use large sausages and cook them first, or buy the pre cooked cocktail ones, smother them in Honey Mustard and then pop in the oven for about 10 minutes, or till the mustard goes sticky... Give them a good stir whilst in the oven to keep the honey uniformed over the bangers.

Great for nibbles or party food.

/Pedant ON

The oven is Tandoor (not a tandoori ). Not really an oven more like a blast furnace....

/Pedant OFF

It's sad that takeaways / "pre digested meals" masquerade as tandoori which merely use the sauce mix and don't give the great flavours a chance to mature.

/Pedant ON

The oven is Tandoor (not a tandoori ). Not really an oven more like a blast furnace....

/Pedant OFF

It's sad that takeaways / "pre digested meals" masquerade as tandoori which merely use the sauce mix and don't give the great flavours a chance to mature.

MMmmmmmmmmm! "pre digested meals"

/Pedant ON

/Pedant OFF

/Pedant ON

A blast furnace is for smelting the iron out of iron ore. A tandoor oven is much smaller for cooking food. Nothing like a blast furnace at all really.

/Pedant OFF

250px-Alto_horno_antiguo_Sestao.jpg

Blast furnace

150px-Charcoal_Fired_S.Steel_Body_Tandoo

Tandoor.

See the difference?

MtB

(Can you tell I'm a bit bored this morning?)