Hockley Port Visitor Moorings

Dave_P

Featured Posts

I remember there being a visitor mooring spot at Hockley Port but I also remember the locked gates around the site.

I'm planning to moor there while a group of us walk up to the Black Eagle for lunch. Will we be locked in? Will my BWB key work? Any advice?

Fence looked ok when we were there in the summer buts its not the highest fence in the world...suppose depends on your idea of secure really...... there is alsp only space for a couple of boats at most.....we didnt stop so can't really comment anymore....

Cheers

Gareth

For reference - it is all key access normally, inc to and from VM to the main site so you can't get in or out from visitor moorings unless someone lets you through. But the fence from VM is jumpable if you want to go out that way. Normally a friendly resident like wot i am will let you in and out or lend a key for a few hours if asked nicely. PM sent for more detailed directions on where to moor on Sunday