Crewing opportunities wanted

Ruth Tesdale

Featured Posts

Hi Ruth. 3 more posts and you can send private messages. We've been approached by a Japanese film co to do some filming of our boat going up/down a lock at the end of Oct. This will mean we'll be making a trip down the Rochdale 9....and then a few days later doing the trip back up the Rochdale 9 (through Manchester).

If you'd like to spend a day of it, we'd be happy for you to help out on one of those trips...if that's what you're looking for :)

Definitely a good experience.

hi, welcome to boating, please have a look at the narrowboat trust - web site.

the trust has two working boats running between the midlands and London

all looking for new members or chesterfield canal trust

cheers

ian

Thanks for the info. I will take a look at the Narrowboat trust and I am already a crew member for Chesterfield Canal Trust.

Hi Ruth. 3 more posts and you can send private messages. We've been approached by a Japanese film co to do some filming of our boat going up/down a lock at the end of Oct. This will mean we'll be making a trip down the Rochdale 9....and then a few days later doing the trip back up the Rochdale 9 (through Manchester).

If you'd like to spend a day of it, we'd be happy for you to help out on one of those trips...if that's what you're looking for :)

Definitely a good experience.

I am interested for sure. Can you tell me the dates please? There are a couple of days I cannot make. Would I have to travel from home and back on the day or is there somewhere I could stay over at all?

• Greenie 1

I knew it would not take you too long!

Don't go spreading yourself too thinly, there are santa cruises and all sorts coming up On The Chesterfield!

I thought you may get some opportunities to get involved here

Thanks for the info. I will take a look at the Narrowboat trust and I am already a crew member for Chesterfield Canal Trust.

Once we have Python back on the water you can do plenty of crewing on her too

I knew it would not take you too long!

Don't go spreading yourself too thinly, there are santa cruises and all sorts coming up On The Chesterfield!

I thought you may get some opportunities to get involved here

Once we have Python back on the water you can do plenty of crewing on her too

Thanks for the advice. Yes I am down to help with the Santa Cruises but as I will never be able to achieve my life long dream of living on a boat I want to experience as much of the canal network as I can.

I have already told anyone who listens that I will help on the Python any time I am able :)