Narrowboat launched yesterday

nickfryer

Featured Posts

Hi all we'll we finally got our new narrowboat JESSICA launched on Saturday at Pillings lock marina.

It has taken us 12 months to fit out two narrowboats in an industrial unit at Ollerton.

My boat is 57' and my mates boat is 66,

The boats were dragged out of the unit and hoisted onto the lorries for transport to Pillings lock. The 80 ton crane followed and they were in the water by 2 pm. The crane guys and transport made it look so easy and no damage to the new paint.

Stayed in the marina last night and set off today in pouring rain to our new base.

Called at Loughborough basin for supplies and now outside the pub at Zouch.

Great weekend so far if a little stressful at times

Now trying out all the new toys on the boats.

Hi all we'll we finally got our new narrowboat JESSICA launched on Saturday at Pillings lock marina.

It has taken us 12 months to fit out two narrowboats in an industrial unit at Ollerton.

My boat is 57' and my mates boat is 66,

The boats were dragged out of the unit and hoisted onto the lorries for transport to Pillings lock. The 80 ton crane followed and they were in the water by 2 pm. The crane guys and transport made it look so easy and no damage to the new paint.

Stayed in the marina last night and set off today in pouring rain to our new base.

Called at Loughborough basin for supplies and now outside the pub at Zouch.

Great weekend so far if a little stressful at times

Now trying out all the new toys on the boats.

If you are thinking of setting off in the morning, please check it is safe to do so, by looking below the lock and checking this EA reading at Kegworth.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/120753.aspx?stationId=2132

with the rain you have had today and the forecast overnight and tommorow, you may be sat there a couple of days.

My sister in law commented yesterday she saw 2 narrowboats on lorries the otherday. She's near Mansfield so I think they were yours. Small world.

Any photos?

My sister in law commented yesterday she saw 2 narrowboats on lorries the otherday. She's near Mansfield so I think they were yours. Small world.

Any photos?

We braved the rain and the torrents of the Trent and Soar today, the Soar was just in the red at Kegworth deep lock and the Trent was in the green.

Nice trip but ver very wet, both boats now moored at Crockers in Shardlow.

Pictures.. Hmmm can do it from home computer but not found out how from iPad yet

Hi Joe 1978

Boats did have to go through Mansfield on Friday on a movement order route designated by the police because of there length.

Pics of boat before launch and before being dragged out of workshop

10295519576_b563de7aee_z.jpg

image by nickfryer238, on Flickr

Just about to be dropped in at Pillings lock marina

10295364924_9801e20294_z.jpg

Pic from 12 months ago and launch day

10294026746_70a631f980_z.jpg

On our mooring

10294027046_069e47750a.jpg

Couple of inside pics

10125655996_ddc180e6c0.jpg

Finishing touches by nickfryer238, on Flickr

10125540334_327cdb2821.jpg

Finishing touches by nickfryer238, on Flickr

Many Congratulations. We too launched our new narrowboat on Saturday in Nottingham. Amazing watching her craned in onto the Trent. Had weekend in Castle Marina. Boat going back to boat builders for snagging list and then we back on her on Friday. Good luck for your future on the water, have fun

Very nice Nick, I had a look through your flickr too and she looks to fitted out nicely.

Unusual stern arrangement that I don't think I've seen before, kind of semi-cruiser-stern? :)

But great looking none-the-less. did you blog the build at all? I like reading that kind of thing.

Joe

Hi Joe

No blog for me it was enough to design and fit it out never mind blog it.

It took every weekend, holidays and odd days off work over 12 months to get it done.

We were luckly we had the use of a fully fitted workshop, big saws, routers and air tools this made it a bit easier.

Nick

Picture here of the other boat coming out at same time.

10295670273_5dba0730a9.jpg

• 1 year later...

You do all realise that this boat was launched (and the thread started) 18 months ago ?

Well, there's no reason to suppose that he's got fed up with it yet - and the thrill of one's first boat ownership is similar for each new owner.

I'm worried about the attitude of Pennie's boat though, we have all known awkward boats but a defiant one could be hard to handle.