the bramwith coffee boat.

Featured Posts

Thanks to everyone for your support & suggestions but I feel the need to point out to Martin, in the dog house, that I never asked or initially suggested any problems with food hygiene or their facilities other than the ones I have recently highlighted.

I have not seen inside either boat other than on photos he has taken & posted on Facebook & have no intention of, as even if these people had the last glass of water on planet earth & only wanted a penny for it they would not get a penny from me as I do not support bullies of any nature.

My point was that there are no beds in the coffee boat bean butty as they like to call it, so where does he sleep in there, floor, seating? It is of no real concern to me I will never eat there, but others do.

Yes I agree there are always two sides to every story but unfortunately myself & the other boats nearby have had to fight tooth & nail to get our side heard & acknowledged through their lies & deceit.

Can I just point out that I & the other boaters involved spend 90% of our time on our boats at these moorings & encounter these people on a daily basis, & I & many other of the females involved have been targeted & intimidated by mr Milson on a regular basis & now he is targeting the more vulnerable, or so he thought until the police got involved yet again!

This couple have been kicked off or seen off of numerous moorings previous to Bramwith, including Rotherham, Doncaster town centre & strawberry island for their anti-social actions & I do not feel that one cup of coffee & a piece of cake for an hour on a sunny weekend afternoon makes time for a good judgment of character.

It's easy to put on a smile & a false character for a short space of time for a customer who's willing to pay an extortionate price for a coffee & a slice of cake you have just bought at sainsburys.

Propaganda whispered initially into willing ears on brief encounters has led many people throughout history to believe false accounts of what really happened for the believers to eventually have their eyes opened wide having spent time with or around the initial whisperer, who has since become the shouter, the bully & the fear maker & actually gets a lick out of creating that fear & intimidation.

Hitler is a prime example & look at where that got everyone.

Hi where in Rotherham? I have been here 9 years but would only know them by their first name also a few years ago a boat was evicted from Doncaster town moorings it was a widebeam he was a right pain slashed my friends ctatch cover could it be the same person?

Peter

• Greenie 1

My interest in food hygiene ratings is because I have a reasonable understanding of the causes of food poisoning

I have never heard of anyone getting food poisoning from beer. biggrin.png

Have heard of upset stomachs because the lines weren't cleaned and flushed properly! (caused a pub adjacent to the Bridgewater Canal being closed for a time about 15 years,ago)

captain.gif I have felt it time to respond and continue my support to my fellow boaters at Kirkbramwith, who for more than a year have had to put up with accusations, abuse of both verbal and of a physical nature and on a daily basis put up with the Milsoms arrogant and bullying manner. I until recently was moored at Kirkbramwith and was paying top dollar for the privelidge ,but for the hassle and grief I was receiving from the Milsoms I would still be there but felt it was time to move on, of fear that I may one day retaliate with Mr Milsom and end up with a criminal record, i feel sure that it was Mr Milsoms intention to aggrivate the situation with me. As a previous person stated it is better to be truthful and abide by the law than to take the law into your own hands. We all have to live by the law of the land and the Milsoms are no exception to this, if the local planning authority (LPA) grant planning with conditions then these conditions must be abided by. The Milsoms obviously thought different I also made it clear to Mr Milsom that I would continue my endeavour to make the Milsoms conduct their business in a manner set out by the LPA or cease trading, one or the other I do not care, the only thing I cant change is the arrogance of the man and spouse
As for the latest position on the situation the milsoms met with the CRT and was told that any breach of conditions by them could lead to the trust being served a breach of condition notice as land owners. At last the CRT are in discussion with the LPA regarding the Milsoms activity. It was also confirmed by the Milsoms the they do not wish to submit a further planning application to alter their current planning permission. It has also been made very clear to them that any application to develop their current boats or moorings into a café or restaurant at the site would not be supported by CRT as landowners, the LPA also state that it was unlikely they would support any planning application seeking permission for this.
I would like to point out all the above comes from personal experience and not ear say and from correspondence received from CRT.
I feel round one has been won and round two could be a knockout watch this space. clapping.gifboat.gif

Thanks for your support Peter. Not totally happy yet but not far off. The coffee boat man once called me in his own vile words a retard bet he regrets it now ?

Edited by Keely

lynalldisocvery, on 31 Mar 2014 - 1:51 PM, said:

What a very weird possibly one sided story, Im not sceptical much, but even I like to hear both sides!

You know when you read something and it just sounds/feels wrong, bit like the daily wail?

You need to be careful suggesting that, I raised the same point earlier in this thread but was berated for it by some body who appeared to join the discussion for the sole purpose of having a pop.

I seriously doubt we will hear the other side of the story which for me will be for two possible reasons:-

1 - Everything that is being said is true and he is unable to even come close to defending what has gone on and what he has done.

2 - None of it is true (or some of his actions have been exaggerated) but he has no idea all of this is being said about him because he never reads this forum or has never heard of it and he is totally oblivious to it all.

I for one would love to know which it is because if it's 1 I wont be patronising him again but if it's 2 I would love to hear his side.

Edited by The Dog House

Even more remarkable (if I have understood the thread's progress correctly) we appear to have witnessed the rare spectacle of a Northerner changing his mind.

Nah, I must have read the thread wrongly.

Athy, on 31 Mar 2014 - 2:30 PM, said:

Even more remarkable (if I have understood the thread's progress correctly) we appear to have witnessed the rare spectacle of a Northerner changing his mind.

Nah, I must have read the thread wrongly.

Not sure what you are meaning Mike - but from my perspective as the starter of the thread which was done with the intention of publicising the coffee boats existence it quickly changed to him having allegations made about him and how he conducted his business and all I have done (and as lynalldisocvery has now done too) is point out we have consistently had only one side of what sounds like a very unpleasant story.

OMG! Hung if you do hung if you don't !

First I'm accused of lying because I'm the only one with a complaint against the Milsons. so my fellow leisure moorers hear of my post & jump at the chance to defend my tales of woe & verify that what I have said is infact true, then we are all accused of lying because there are so many joining as new members to back up the accusations & so we must be telling untruths, because there are so many of us &we are new to the forum. (Welcome I'm sure).

As you state in your own words lynalldiscovery "You couldn't make it up" so why on earth then would we!

Why don't yourself & dog house come down have cake & coffee listen to their propaganda & you too could join his other customers in systematically bullying the disabled elderly couple & lone females who reside on the leisure moorings here.

Authorities now acting to control their anti social behaviour ie Doncaster council, CaRT & the South Yorkshire police is obviously also not proof enough.

Instead in your world it's all made up &someone has gone to great lengths to create lots of accounts & post lots of lies, what sort of sad people do you encounter in your life to assume anyone would go to such great efforts as well as working full time & raising a family.

Perhaps you could invite the Milsons & their coffee boat empire (tongue in cheek) to permanently trade on your moorings, because the bliss full blend in cafe & shop boats you see along the waterways they most certainly are Not!

• Greenie 2

I'm surprised by the strikingly similar posting style, sentence construction and general attitude between Boating lass and Keely.

That's all. Probably just a coincidence.

MtB

Me too Mike, there is something about all of this thread that makes me feel distinctly uneasy....

I can assure Mtb and the Dog House that my post was written totally independent and was a genuine account of my experience in dealing with the coffee boat and its owners . I didn't think it matted whether one was long standing member or a new member to post experiences that one came across whilst moored or cruising the canal system, good or bad but do appreciate your interest in this matter I like both of you take people as I find them , but unfortunately I like many of the coffee boats customers was taken in by Mr Milsom to a point that I withdrew my representations / objections from the LPA for Mr Milsom and his wife to trade. After a long chat one day with him and having been assured by Mr Milsom that it was only a minor venture and would have no adverse impact on the local area or the leisure moorings, how wrong was I .The man soon showed his true colours hence the posts from new members. Over the year there have been many more incidents regarding the coffee boat and its owners belligerent attitude, far too many to mention and like I said for me enough was enough and chose to leave my mooring but has not stopped me from pursuing this chap the legal way. And please don't get me wrong Mr Milsom does have the right to respond but I am sure all he would do is protest has innocence and play the victim that's human nature ( the Yorkshire ripper did the same) but those dealing with him new he was guilty and I'm not saying he's as bad as the ripper but many who do wrong do try to justify their actions and are oblivious to the chaos caused.

I have twice been witness to Mr Milsom tip about a litre or so of liquid into the canal early in the morning from a blue bucket. Another person at the mooring has seen this on several occasions. Makes you wonder what is in the bucket as it has a yellow tinge too it. Any one got an idea as to what this yellow tinged liquid could be.?help.gif

it's probably urine. I do this. You have a problem with it?

it does nothing for the credibility of your whinges if you add spurious nonsense like this. I suppose he wears black trousers and brown shoes too?

Apparently there's also someone on your mooring who has nothing better to do than spy on their neighbours.....

oh, it's you.

OMG! Hung if you do hung if you don't !

First I'm accused of lying because I'm the only one with a complaint against the Milsons. so my fellow leisure moorers hear of my post & jump at the chance to defend my tales of woe & verify that what I have said is infact true, then we are all accused of lying because there are so many joining as new members to back up the accusations & so we must be telling untruths, because there are so many of us &we are new to the forum. (Welcome I'm sure).

As you state in your own words lynalldiscovery "You couldn't make it up" so why on earth then would we!

Why don't yourself & dog house come down have cake & coffee listen to their propaganda & you too could join his other customers in systematically bullying the disabled elderly couple & lone females who reside on the leisure moorings here.

Authorities now acting to control their anti social behaviour ie Doncaster council, CaRT & the South Yorkshire police is obviously also not proof enough.

Instead in your world it's all made up &someone has gone to great lengths to create lots of accounts & post lots of lies, what sort of sad people do you encounter in your life to assume anyone would go to such great efforts as well as working full time & raising a family.

Perhaps you could invite the Milsons & their coffee boat empire (tongue in cheek) to permanently trade on your moorings, because the bliss full blend in cafe & shop boats you see along the waterways they most certainly are Not!

Just to confirm its also now the guys customers who are also doing the bullying?

Read all that you have typed out loud and then you can see why people are a little suspect.