Goldfish

Jerra

Featured Posts

Maybe the colours deter the big Pike and the big Pike deter the Herons.

Dead goldfish (from pond casualties) were a favoured bait for pike. Used to catch a lot of pike. Pike will eat any fish - seafish, bits of eels, lamprey etc.

When we were based at Etruria, about five years ago, I was astonished to see a terrapin a mile or so north of the Marina on the T&M. It was basking on a large, mostly submerged rock on the offside of the cut and it was about 9 inches long. I reversed back to get another look (partly in disbelief) when a local on his bike pulled up: "Oh, you've seen him then, people have been trying to catch him for ages". Never saw it again, despite looking in the same spot when we passed.

You want green parrots, we've got thousands of them in N. London, bloody noisy things!

Used to see terrapins all the time at Autherley, basking on overhanging branches. They went along with said branches a few years ago.

Dead goldfish (from pond casualties) were a favoured bait for pike. Used to catch a lot of pike. Pike will eat any fish - seafish, bits of eels, lamprey etc.

I suspected this which was partly why I started the thread, to see if many fish which seem such easy targets manage to survive in the canals. It would appear Koi and at least this one Goldfish do.