CRT statement Nick BrownvCRT

jenlyn

Featured Posts

The overall impression i got from my admittedly quick read was that they want boats to have a home mooring and they seemed to be trying to use the justification that things are different now that they are a charity at the end.

I'm going to give it a proper read now

Do you have a link to Nick Brown's side of things?

I don’t, no. I thought Jenlyn may have had one, from his second post, but he must have been referring to attributed arguments from the witness statement and defence.

I haven’t read through the doc.s carefully yet either, but your fears I believe, are going to be fully justified. I especially noted that, despite the argument being set aside by the consenting judge, both barristers are working s.43 into the argument anyway! As well as all other set aside arguments such as the SC minutes relevance.

It seems very obvious that they cannot otherwise see a way to impose more onto s.17(3)( c )(ii).

However – all that aside, it seems that it is the way Johnson is working the ‘charitable objects’ theme that poses the danger [if accepted], of rendering the ’95 Act superfluous, and permitting them to eventually over-ride the CC option. His argument, reflecting many comments from some on this forum [that everyone will abandon secure legitimate moorings on financial grounds, if the relevant section is retained in its unqualified form], is absurd – but that is no guarantee that it will not succeed.

Have to agree jenlyn

I'v had several occasions where I've awarded Nigel a greenie for his level headed common sense postings and especially his points about the obvious need for the ACC

I really find it strange why anyone would object to a group having accessibility to an association that specifically caters for their lifestyle and needs. I can only assume some kind of irrational fear. It wouldn't be so bad if some of the decenters could put forward a good argument why not, it's page 4 so clearly there isn't one LOL

You'll be pleased to know by the way we're now fully paid up members of the ACC confirmed Friday

I distributed the leaflets Matty dropped of for us and the feedback on the towpath was very positive btw, we'll be doing some more soon but I have other commitments back in Dorset the coming couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work though J ;)

Yes, thankyou very much, I noticed your payment. Many many thanks for distributing the leaflets as well.

This is the first day we have actually managed to get a break from the workload. I'm just a bit peeved that john did not bet with me on the amount of people joining.

Yes, thankyou very much, I noticed your payment. Many many thanks for distributing the leaflets as well.

This is the first day we have actually managed to get a break from the workload. I'm just a bit peeved that john did not bet with me on the amount of people joining.

Sounds good Steve, wish I could do more, but An employee has left and I have to go back to Dorset to cover for the time being. Will be available after though no worries.

Have I stumbled into the Tory party conference?

Trust me when I tell you, Ferragamo do not do true blue...

Sounds good Steve, wish I could do more, but An employee has left and I have to go back to Dorset to cover for the time being. Will be available after though no worries.

Many thanks, much appreciated.

Tut tut, attempting to draw my queen out with a measly pawn ;-)
Nigels post 57 actually pinpoints the need for ACC don't you think?

sounds more like a queen's gambit to me, don't you think? wink.png

Have to agree jenlyn

I'v had several occasions where I've awarded Nigel a greenie for his level headed common sense postings and especially his points about the obvious need for the ACC

I really find it strange why anyone would object to a group having accessibility to an association that specifically caters for their lifestyle and needs. I can only assume some kind of irrational fear. It wouldn't be so bad if some of the decenters could put forward a good argument why not, it's page 4 so clearly there isn't one LOL

You'll be pleased to know by the way we're now fully paid up members of the ACC confirmed Friday

I distributed the leaflets Matty dropped of for us and the feedback on the towpath was very positive btw, we'll be doing some more soon but I have other commitments back in Dorset the coming couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work though J wink.png

I'm beginning to feel that page 4 is akin to the Bible ... "It says is it so, so it must be so!" .... and I belong to a group albeit religious, and it is Sunday afterall, a group that caters for my lifestyle and needs yet you would be amazed how many people wish to ridicule without any desire other than "I can only assume some kind of irrational fear" ...

I'm beginning to wonder now ... the "J" you mentioned .... was it 'John' , 'Julynian', 'jenlyn', or perhaps something you wish to emulate, no, not Jesus ... Judas! smile.png

Apologies, bad back , tranquilisers, alcohol .... who cares !! Will apologise tomorrow smile.png

To be fair, I think it's member's information only. I don't see the other associations publishing such figures. Anyway, I think it would be wrong for me to give such info out.

The caravan club do...

Nice edit lady muck BTW..

Edited by The Dog House

I don't see the other associations publishing such figures.

And isn't that one of the criticisms of other associations -- that it's unclear how many people they represent? And isn't the ACC meant to be different from the other associations?

Well, you've given us a target.

You can no longer use "I don't see the other associations publishing such figures." as an excuse for claiming recruitment success but declining to give proof of this, either.

RYA are happy to say that they have over 100,000 members, btw.

Looks like it's the other way around LOL

Indeed.

It would appear that the other organisations have no need of such evasive tactics.

Edited by carlt

You can no longer use "I don't see the other associations publishing such figures." as an excuse for claiming recruitment success but declining to give proof of this, either.

RYA are happy to say that they have over 100,000 members, btw.

Indeed.

It would appear that the other organisations have no need of such evasive tactics.

I still don't think it's my place to disclose, so I won't.