Do you need a boat sitter?

Inspectorfuzz

Featured Posts

Hi.

Is anyone looking for a reliable and honest person to boat sit for them for a minimum of a few months or longer? Maybe your boat is unoccupied and you are worried about security or maybe you do not have a permanent mooring and need to keep moving your boat along the canal or river?

I am a singe 53 year old male currently living in the US but looking to move back to the UK. I am an ex UK police officer that was also a member of marine/boat section responsible for the inland waterways, canals and rivers in the Thames Valley area . More recently I have been working as a police officer/detective in the USA. I am looking at future possibilities of living/retiring on a canal boat in the UK (or maybe Europe) but would prefer to get some real life experience living on a boat before I take the plunge and make an investment.

Contact me if you want to know more. I can provide references.

Many thanks.

Okay, in order to get your post count up...

As an English policeman working in the states you are well qualified to give a sensible answer to this question....

Did Top Cat break the law when he stole stuff out of other people's dustbins or was Officer Dibble overreacting?

• Greenie 1

As an English policeman working in the states you are well qualified to give a sensible answer to this question....

Did Top Cat break the law when he stole stuff out of other people's dustbins or was Officer Dibble overreacting?

If items were disposed of into a dustbin by the owner then it would infer that the owner has given up all property rights, especially if the dustbin was moved to the public road for collection. Had the dustbin still been located on the private driveway then it could have been misdemeanor trespassing. I think Officer Dibble was over reacting and with a good lawyer, top cat could have had his case dismissed :)

If items were disposed of into a dustbin by the owner then it would infer that the owner has given up all property rights, especially if the dustbin was moved to the public road for collection. Had the dustbin still been located on the private driveway then it could have been misdemeanor trespassing. I think Officer Dibble was over reacting and with a good lawyer, top cat could have had his case dismissed smile.png

And what about littering? He throws an empty milk bottle over the fence in the closing credits..........

It's theft, everything in a refuse bin still belongs to the household until the refuse collectors deposit the waste into the refuse vehicle.

State of mind of the defendant (mens reas) would also have an impact on the case.

I still think Top Cat would have been acquitted.

Top Cat may have also been advised to sue Officer Dibble for unlawful arrest, harrassment and assault and rewarded millions in damages from the city :)

And what about littering? He throws an empty milk bottle over the fence in the closing credits..........

Well, if you dont get him for one thing there is always something else :)

It's theft, everything in a refuse bin still belongs to the household until the refuse collectors deposit the waste into the refuse vehicle.

Correct (in USA). There have been a few cases thrown out of court where evidence obtained by rifling through dustbins was deemed inadmissable.

Correct (in USA). There have been a few cases thrown out of court where evidence obtained by rifling through dustbins was deemed inadmissable.

That would be more to do with fourth amendment search and seizure process by a government agency and not someone rummaging through bins looking for food and milk.

But maybe T C WAS acting lawfully in his capacity of a agent in a little known,newly formed department of-

Moggi Enforcement,Of Waste,Strategies.

& Officer Dibble gave chase before giving opportunity of i,d to be established.

Sort of brings into question Officer Dibbles 'Ethics' ,if true.

A job for

Feline,Law & ,External,Affairs..which no moggi likes.

I know,I must get out more.

That would be more to do with fourth amendment search and seizure process by a government agency and not someone rummaging through bins looking for food and milk.

So every time Stokes in CSI says "its in the public domain" when he rifles through the bin is illegal then?

My illusion of CSI being true to life is shattered.sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Hi.[/size]

Is anyone looking for a reliable and honest person to boat sit for them for a minimum of a few months or longer? Maybe your boat is unoccupied and you are worried about security or maybe you do not have a permanent mooring and need to keep moving your boat along the canal or river?[/size]I am a singe 53 year old male currently living in the US but looking to move back to the UK. I am an ex UK police officer that was also a member of marine/boat section responsible for the inland waterways, canals and rivers in the Thames Valley area . More recently I have been working as a police officer/detective in the USA. I am looking at future possibilities of living/retiring on a canal boat in the UK (or maybe Europe) but would prefer to get some real life experience living on a boat before I take the plunge and make an investment.[/size]Contact me if you want to know more. I can provide references.[/size]Many thanks.[/size]

So are you looking to rent a boat long term or do you want it for free ?