Moorings at Stoke Lock, Guildford

Daftmare

Featured Posts

Hello All

We have been offered a mooring above Stoke Lock, Guildford.

If any CWDF members know this area, I would very much appreciate any opinions on the suitability of these moorings, particularly the security of the site. We hope to visit on Saturday, and have cruised past here many times, but not sure..........

Thanks

Jo.

Blimey, i didn't know it was possible to get a mooring near Guildford. Are there any others available? I'd be all over that like a peado in a playground!

Hi Junior, we have been on the waiting list for a National Trust mooring on the Wey since 2005. frusty.gif

We are already at Farncombe Boathouse (on the Wey), but NT moorings are cheaper. If we don't take this offer, then it will be snapped up don't you worry!!

J.

Twinpot, thanks for your comments. Security is the thing. The Lengthsman said 1 break-in 2 years' ago, which I suppose is not too bad. The sewerage works does not bother me too much, as we never stay on the mooring to entertain. Will go and have a little look.

J.